Aftermarket radio

ICE, Equipment, Options
grandad
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by grandad »

I am hoping this is the correct area.

I have a Nissan Qashqai +2 2011 and I have recently bought an aftermarket radio. The issue is that I would need to cut and join wires, which I am not confident in and won't attempt. I had asked an auto electrician to fit it but he said too much work involved he did not want to cut and join wires and I should try and get an iso adapter. I have tried but I really do not know what I am looking for.

He also said I need to get a wiring diagram for the radio but as yet I cannot find it anywhere on the web.

I am hoping, nae praying someone on here has installed an aftermarket radio and can give me some advice.

I have not taken the old radio out but pretty sure this is it

s-l500.jpg

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Assuming your new radio has a standard ISO connection, you need a converting harness that plugs onto the existing Nissan wiring at one end and plugs into your aftermarket gear at the other. Something along these lines:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Stereo-R ... SwyGZaHFBP
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
grandad

Post by grandad »

This is the connection I got with the radio

DSC_0447 (1).JPG

Hound

Post by Hound »

What does the old radio look like? Is it one of these? First is Clarion PN-3000, second is Daewoo AGC-0070 (or 0071).
They are typical Nissan fittings, the Daewoo being fitted to later models.

radios.jpg

The Clarion and Daewoo have similar connectors, but they don't look quite like those in your first photo which
seems to show two power/speaker sockets.

connectors.jpg

Main power and speaker plug pinout on car harness:

power.jpg

And what is the new radio? A head-on photo of the connector from the new radio or its rear panel would help to
identify its layout.
grandad

Post by grandad »

This is the same radio I have in the car just now. I am at work so I will post a photograph of the aftermarket one later thanks.

nissan_ qashqai_ sat_ nav_ car_ stereo_lcn_connect_bluetooth_radio_inlisting_front.jpg

Hound

Post by Hound »

Oh a satnav, not just a stereo... Connect 1/LCN1 I think. I believe it's a Bosch and the rear will look like your original photo. My service manual for the J10 doesn't cover this, so perhaps the best person to advise you is Black_Rojer, our resident expert in Russia. He knows the Nissan Connect systems better than most and has a useful website about the units and parts (in Russian, so you must open it in Chrome and use Google Translate). Click this link to send him a PM (hope he won't mind) - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2014

Connect%20Mk3%20360%20Camera%20_zpssjbv6adc.jpg

grandad

Post by grandad »

Thanks for the reply I have sent him a PM but was not sure how to put photographs onto it.
grandad

Post by grandad »

FYI Hound

This is the back of the new radio.

DSC_0448.JPG

Hound

Post by Hound »

It looks fairly simple on the face of it... Nissan connector to ISO power and data male... ISO power and data female to 20-pin connector.

converter.jpg

The question is whether your radio uses more pins than are standard on the adapter harness. Black_Rojer may have the answer.

By the way you can't attach pics to a PM; you need to upload them to ImgBB, Imgur, TinyPic etc, then include the link in the PM.
grandad

Post by grandad »

Thanks again you have been a great help.

Going to take the radio out on Sat to look at the pins.

Just one more question, They guy said I had bose speakers, do I have to buy something separate for them.