Qashqai blower not working after first service (OK before service)

ICE, Equipment, Options
stephen_g
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by stephen_g »

Hi All,

Took my Qashqai (June 2017 reg) for its first service this week.
It had been working perfectly since I bought it in June 2017, however after the service the heater/aircon blower was inoperative.
Dealer diagnosed blower motor failure which was "nothing to do with the service" (coincidence).
The dash will have to come out to replace the blower, they need the car for one week.
Can these blowers suddenly fail?
It doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks for any input.

Steve

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Anything is possible. I would really like to hope they checked the fuse and any relays first though. Also, it may not be the motor but the controller which may be integral with the motor, who knows.

I do feel your pain, having that dread feeling your car is going to rattle & squeak for ever more because the mechanics will probably end up with 1/2 a dozen screws left over after the rebuild.
stephen_g wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:17 pm Hi All,

Took my Qashqai (June 2017 reg) for its first service this week.
It had been working perfectly since I bought it in June 2017, however after the service the heater/aircon blower was inoperative.
Dealer diagnosed blower motor failure which was "nothing to do with the service" (coincidence).
The dash will have to come out to replace the blower, they need the car for one week.
Can these blowers suddenly fail?
It doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks for any input.

Steve
switchback

Post by switchback »

I had the same thing when my car went in to have a new door fitted after I drove into a post. I can't remember exactly what they did but I think it was just taking the AC controls in and out of auto/manual or turning it all off and on again. The body shop supervisor did this purely by trial and error as he was baffled as well, but it seemed to reset the logic somehow.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.