Interesting new problem, anyone else had this?

ICE, Equipment, Options
tophat57
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tophat57 »

I came out to my car this morning and found the windows were open. Only by about 2", but all for were open. I was last in the car yesterday afternoon at about 3pm, but only opened the passenger side door to look in the glove box and relocked the car afterwards. I know I did not touch the window switch, and could not have opened all four windows from there anyway, as there is only one switch for that particular window. (All windows can be opened from the drivers side, but I didn't get in that side of the car.)

The keys are secure and kept away from the front door, so someone trying to steal it seems unlikely. Especially as the car was locked when i found the windows open. Why would they relock the car but leave the windows open anyway.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, does anyone know of any known issues relating to this problem.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

On the J11b can't you open all the windows simultaneously using just the remote iKey? Its a new feature isnt it?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

TOPHAT, pse use the SEARCH box before starting new thread; other posts on this already exist.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
tophat57

Post by tophat57 »

Wasn't trying to open the windows with the key. Trying to work out how the wi does seem to have opened themselves.

Have tried a search, but nothing came up with this specific problem in my search. Unless you have a link please Gel.......
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tophat57, I think what gvmdaddy is trying to state is, is it possible that you actually just jogged the i-Key Button unknowingly and the Windows "Partially" opened ? because as he mentioned there are one touch front and rear electric Windows with remote opening / closing - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

tophat57 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:56 pm Wasn't trying to open the windows with the key. Trying to work out how the wi does seem to have opened themselves.

Have tried a search, but nothing came up with this specific problem in my search. Unless you have a link please Gel.......

Try this post by RS89 on the 27th January 2018, tophat57:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6175

As I mentioned in that post:
A new convenience feature with the J11B model is the fact you can now remotely open and close the windows with the key fob. That wasn't available on the previous J11A model. The button on the iKey would have to be held down for that happen. I've not tried it myself.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
tophat57

Post by tophat57 »

Ok, thanks Sandgrounder. But to reiterate and elaborate a bit more.

Yes pressing and holding the unlock button does open all the windows. But releasing the button while they're opening does NOT stop the windows opening. On mine at least. So how did the windows end up open only 2" or so, and not fully open.

Unless it's in the car with me, the key is on the side at home, and inside an RFID shielding bag. So no stray signal to confuse the car. Or some pikey to use a range extender to try and steal it.

At no point has the alarm gone off on the car. It's 10 feet from the front door, so I'd probably have noticed that. So no bugs or creepy crawlys setting off the system as far as I can tell.

That's what I meant by nothing in the search seeming to match the problem I seem to have.
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

RS89 mentioned a similar problem in that all the windows had fully opened. Their QQ is now booked in with Nissan (27th Jan 2018). Hopefully an update will be posted on here and shed some light on things?
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Deleted User 7375

Post by Deleted User 7375 »

This just happened to mine, every window wide open when they were all shut earlier and the car remained locked and the alarm didn’t go off. Keys were lying inside on side table. I’m a bit worried this happens when I’m out and about, I have an antique shop and quite often have valuables in transit. It could have been an insect right enough but why on earth would an insect trip this action?
leannefu

Post by leannefu »

Hi just wondering how you got on with your Nissan dealer with the window issue.
Did your windows go down without pressing the key button?