Puddle lights

ICE, Equipment, Options
andymanone
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andymanone »

Hi guys, I've fitted side bars and would like to fit puddle lights on the underside of them. Halfords sell a decent set meant for wing mirrors, they are resin coated and should be a good option for what I am hoping to achieve. The only problem I have is trying to find the easiest way to wire these to come on with the interior lights when unlocking the car. I'm guessing the easiest option would be running the wire into the engine bay but have no idea where to pick up a feed. Has anyone got any ideas as to the best and easiest solution. Thanks in advance,Andy.

andymanone

Post by andymanone »

According to the halfords website it says to wire directly to the battery. Is that right, how would that light them up when I unlock the car?
ChiliHeadUk
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by ChiliHeadUk »

The description does indeed state to connect directly to the battery.
That is clearly wrong, however on the 'click here for fitting instructions'
It then directs you to a simple pdf that informs you to

3. With the lights securely in place, separate the positive and negative wires (Positive - black and white,
Negative - Black). Locate the wire that is supplying power to the vehicles door light. If the vehicle does not
have a light on the interior of the door it is recommended to connect to the courtesy light.

Hope that helps

Jonny
andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Thanks Jonny, to be honest I didn't see that. So I need to find a way to run the wires from my bars to a live feed inside to the courtesy lights? Anyone have any suggestions as how to achieve this as the only way I can see is to go under car to engine bay and then somehow through bulkhead/cowl into footwells or behind dash.
andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Actually I have seen Nissan OEM side bars with Led lights in so does anybody have any idea where they get the feed from to wire those? There must be a gromit in the floor pan or something under the carpets for a wire feed. There's got to be some electrical connection point under the car along the sills somewhere for this application. I can't see Nissan making it difficult for themselves.