Change what the key does and Change what the car does

ICE, Equipment, Options
gizmo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gizmo »

Hi
I have just bought a 2017 QQ Ti in NZ. 2 litre petrol and very nice is is too.

I am wondering if changes can be made. Can the car have settings changed so the the windows can be closed for say 30 seconds after switching off the car or can the proximity key be changed so the windows and mirrors can be operated from the key.

I was a bit surprised that I couldn't see a way to have the mirrors automatically fold in when switching off the car.

The likes of the old Mitsubishi colt plus was very flexible with a large range of changes that could be made to both key and car.

Thanks for any comments.

tophat57
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tophat57 »

Gizmo,

I'm sure you'll be asked to check a search and read through my previous content, but here's my help for what it's worth.

I assume that it will depend on weather or not your car is fitted with the folding mirrors, but you can change the settings in the Vehicle Information Display. There are 3 settings:
Off
Unfold on unlock
Unfold on ignition

As for the windows, I've discovered that you can open / close with the key (iKey). Hold lock / unlock for 3 seconds and they close / open, and can be stopped at any point by releasing the button.

Good luck.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gizmo, our QQ 14 did not have this facility and we had the Nissan Adaptor Kit installed there was also a Kit from another manufacturer available, then Nissan added this as a Std feature. There are also just as a hint variations on the Specs in different countries (see Attached post “Folding Mirrors” - Dave :)

863576FF-3959-4574-91BD-7F09BC1D0824.jpeg

Please do not take the comment regarding “Search” as a negative, this is purely advice to prevent “Doubling” up on the posts as there is a lot of facts available but needs time to look for them under different titles :D

viewtopic.php?t=4885
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gizmo

Post by gizmo »

Many thanks Tophat.
Here in NZ up to this year there were 3 models, ST, ST-L and Ti all with the 2 ltr petrol engine. Although the Ti is meant to be the top spec, about a third of the features in the Manuel are not on the car.
The folding mirror screen isn't there and sadly your 3 seconds on the key doesn't do anything either.
I can see this is going to be a tough one to get a few additional niceties on the car.

Many thanks David
I found a chinese one for earlier qashqai's on AliExpress - I'll have to have a wee chat to the dealer and Nissan NZ and see what they have which wont stuff up the warranty.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gizmo, this is the Nissan Kit #KE9634E002 we had installed we chose this due to the Guarantee but there were the cheaper options available. Here are the facts if they help - Dave :)

817365BB-EAC3-4103-AD43-114BA1D88B1A.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gizmo

Post by gizmo »

Oh Really good one - many thanks.
I see that there has been a lot written over the years - sad that Nissan ignored it - but I guess they wouldn't sell as many mirror replacements.
The Toyota CH-R mirrors retract automatically when switching off the engine - and is very nice from the driver forward, but I felt it let itself down from the driver backward.
Thanks again
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

tophat57 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:33 am
As for the windows, I've discovered that you can open / close with the key (iKey). Hold lock / unlock for 3 seconds and they close / open, and can be stopped at any point by releasing the button.
First thing I read about this "hidden" feature. Can't wait to try it out on my own car. :mrgreen:
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS