The car's electronics 'freezes'

ICE, Equipment, Options
rummenn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by rummenn »

Hello,
I recently have the following issue with my QQ J11 1.2 petrol Xtronic- any suggestions or help is more than welcome.
It usually happens in the morning ones every other week - several minutes after I start the engine, with the lever still on P position, suddenly all the electronics 'freezes'. Meaning the gages and the display are illuminating, but displaying a frozen image and the engine stops. Nothing operates and the only thing possible is to turn off the key and start again the engine. It's like your mobile phone freezes and you have to reboot.
I suspect the bloody FIAMM battery, but don't really have problems with starting the engine even when it's cold... maybe a drop of the power could cause this?

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

It could still be the battery or the earth. I think there is a post about a loose / corroded earth under the battery that's worth looking at. Probably wont take to long to look at.
rummenn wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:16 pm Hello,
I recently have the following issue with my QQ J11 1.2 petrol Xtronic- any suggestions or help is more than welcome.
It usually happens in the morning ones every other week - several minutes after I start the engine, with the lever still on P position, suddenly all the electronics 'freezes'. Meaning the gages and the display are illuminating, but displaying a frozen image and the engine stops. Nothing operates and the only thing possible is to turn off the key and start again the engine. It's like your mobile phone freezes and you have to reboot.
I suspect the bloody FIAMM battery, but don't really have problems with starting the engine even when it's cold... maybe a drop of the power could cause this?
rummenn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by rummenn »

Thanks.. I will check the earth and then will go to the workshop for battery inspection. The problem is that I couldn't replicate the issue to show the guys there. We will see... I will let you know the verdict 😀