Self-activation of rear AVM camera lens washer

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

If rear AVM camera lens washer and dryer activates while you drive over a bump then get your hands dirty and follow this simple fix tutorial.
The whole procedure is very simple and takes less than 1 hour to fix .

What you need to do:
1. disassemble the plastic trim at the end of the trunk (see a guideline attached below)

image.png

2. try getting access under an inner trunk lining on right hand side of the trunk where the Rear Washer Control Unit is located, and if not possible, remove side plastic trunk trim above. Get access to the Rear Washer Control Unit as shown on the photo:

image (1).png

3. investigate whether you have the same problem as shown on my video. Remember ignition has to be in ON position! If so, check whether wires insulation is teared down (as shown on the photo) which is a root of the problem:

image (2).png

4. insulate the wires and protect them so that it won't get disturbed by sharp body edge again assemble all the parts in reverse order and enjoy the ride

Let me know if it helped ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

duncho,

How do you know the washer was activating?
duncho

Post by duncho »

You can hear ticking noise as well as the air pump. If you check the link with my video, you can hear the sound it does.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
d0Min_uS
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by d0Min_uS »

Nice post! Thanks, I will tray and come with feedback when the weather be hotter. :)
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 dci CVT X-Tronic (J11-2014) color: Black - Z11, engine: R9M 2WD
d0Min_uS

Post by d0Min_uS »

@duncho, past some time but today I managed and repair after your tutorial. Thanks!
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 dci CVT X-Tronic (J11-2014) color: Black - Z11, engine: R9M 2WD
QashqaiPete
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by QashqaiPete »

This might sound like a real stupid question.
Does that mean that my vehicle has this system or is it only on earlier QQs?
I got a 2017 J11B Tekna.
If I do I have never noticed it work.
Looked at manual but can't see any mention of it.
Please enlighten me if possible.
Thx.
2018 J11B Tekna 1.2 Dig T- Xtronic Gun Metallic ,Mud Flaps , Footwell lights , Bonnet Struts.
d0Min_uS

Post by d0Min_uS »

You have it but is activate automatic only when rear camera is dirty or when you drive in rain.

The problem with system like duncho say is when drive over bump and you heard a click, click on the back of the car and then you need repair.
QashqaiPete

Post by QashqaiPete »

Thanks for your reply.
Where in the manual book does it give details of this function?
I looked and couldn't find any mention of it.
Am I just blind???
Won't be the first time...
2018 J11B Tekna 1.2 Dig T- Xtronic Gun Metallic ,Mud Flaps , Footwell lights , Bonnet Struts.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QashqaiPete, this question came up years ago and definitely the Tekna has it as I went through a load Tests with our Dealer out here in regards to which model had it and which not. Just FYI if you have time here is a Post (more in Search) with some information that might help. There used to be many pics also there but they seem to have disappeared when the Forum was updated, but here are a couple - Hope this helps but as usual Duncho has covered it well ! Dave 😉

31A99A75-2CDA-4EB5-B675-0F31D4A35FCF.jpeg

C0411C4D-1BBF-4EDE-B318-62F914DE6323.jpeg

Self Cleaning Rear View Camera - Nissan QashQai Forums : viewtopic.php?t=1030
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QashqaiPete, take a look at this attachment which might help you but it is from a Nissan Altima. I am sure it must be similiar or the same as the Nissan System has been around for years and would think it is a Std Design - might help Dave 😏

RearView Camera Washer System : http://www.nissantechnicianinfo.mobi/ht ... asher.html

Wash :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken