Horn

ICE, Equipment, Options
switchback

Post by switchback »

switchback, the slimline sport is one piece, two tone, whilst the sport version is two pieces with different tones.
Not sure about that now...................................says here that the're all "twin pack"?

http://www.piaa.co.uk/lamps/lampshow.asp?id=horn
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.

QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

Thanks gvmdaddy. I had already looked at those instructions but could make no sense of them.

Installation type C has the wrong instructions for the picture displayed.
Installation type D instructions seem correct but the picture displayed shows a relay which is not mentioned in the instructions. And both horns grounded.

Very confusing or have I totally got myself in a muddle. I was certain the picture I posted would be correct. It seems to match the instructions for type D and the picture for type C. Baffled.
QQ 2015 1.6 Dig-T Gun Metal
Mods so far: LED interior lights, Side steps, Spare wheel, PIAA twin horns, Boot entry protector, Vinyl sill protection.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

switchback wrote:
switchback, the slimline sport is one piece, two tone, whilst the sport version is two pieces with different tones.
Not sure about that now...................................says here that the're all "twin pack"?

http://www.piaa.co.uk/lamps/lampshow.asp?id=horn
Agreed. The website I looked at referred to the slimline version as '2 toned horn' and should really indicate that its a 2 tone set, or 2 piece.
Sorry for the bum info.
QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

Well I am attempting to fit PIAA twin horns today.
I am not exaggerating when I say that I cant even find enough room to fit one of them!
First picture is with the original horn removed. Picture two is with just one of the PIAA horns placed in the space. I cant bolt it on anywhere and even just stuffed in there I wouldent get the cover back on.

horn1.jpg

horn2.jpg

Mods so far: LED interior lights, Side steps, Spare wheel, PIAA twin horns, Boot entry protector, Vinyl sill protection.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Others here have fitted PIAA ones; hopefully one can assist re squeezing in; I know it's tight.

I squeezed these in:
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-pa ... -car-horns
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

I might just manage to squeeze that one in if I bend the brackets a tad and maybe remove some of the plastic cover off the actual horn. As for the second horn, no chance. Does anyone know of an alternative mounting location.
(p.s. Can anyone confirm the red wire with the extra insulation is positive.)

Thanks.
switchback

Post by switchback »

I think you need the slimline version and not the ones you're trying to squeeze in...................
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

Ok.....Ive done it.
I had to remove some of the plastic from the horns.
I had to remove the existing bracket and fashion my own one.
I pulled these plastic covers off.

dismantled.jpg

Fashioned my own bracket.

fashioned my own bracket.jpg

Old horn and bracket removed.

horn and bracket removed.jpg

Wiring.

wiring.jpg

Finally they are in.

there in.jpg

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

QQ1234, well at least after all your Troubles you have achieved your Goal the Horns are installed - Well Done ! - Dave ;)

It does appear that when you are thinking of installing new Horns you do need to look what is around and go for the Slimmest possible too save all the extra work, modifications and busted knuckles. I looked around for a Slim Version and finally settled on a Hella Twin Tone Set which I bought in the US (much cheaper) and the depth over the electrical spade connectors was only 3.3" and you could actually also manipulate these.

We actually had no Problems installing these Horns as we had so much space - see photo :lol: :roll:

Hella Horn.jpg

Hella Horn 1.jpg

1003 - Kopie - Kopie.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

These are the pair that I fitted, slimmer than the ones in the above post and easier to fit because of that. The sound level from them is awesome.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.d ... GwodfI0KRQ
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors