All dash light on , can’t swith engine off

ICE, Equipment, Options
Mr mischief
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mr mischief »

Hi I’m new on here , I’ve just got home after coming home from work in the snow , I had to turn traction control off to get down the lane to my house , prob is now all the dash lights have come on , I mean every single light . Speedo went to zero , hand brake will not operate . On dash warning it states no key detection and I can’t swith the engine off . I’ve had to stall the car and the removed the battery lead , as the car restarts itself , even when I’m not in it .
Any ideas? My local dealers 30 miles away and has advised I get it recovered , due to snow it’s goin no where for a while

Gel

Post by Gel »

If you have car serviced by Nissan you have free Nissan Recovery Service provided by RAC; ring them I'd suggest.
Have you tried starting again.?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Mr mischief

Post by Mr mischief »

Left battery off overnight , soon as I connect it back up all lights come back on , car starts ok , then only way to stop is to stall it again , I’m snowed in at the moment and no one can get out to recover to Nissan . Not the fault I’d expect from 4 year old 29,000 mile car
Local dealer hasn’t got any idea on the fault , suspect it’ll be Monday before I can get it to them
Jim Jehosofat

Post by Jim Jehosofat »

Gel wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 pm If you have car serviced by Nissan you have free Nissan Recovery Service provided by RAC; ring them I'd suggest.
Have you tried starting again.?
Hmm, interesting. I was told by the dealer when purchasing our Qashqai and again when buying our Pulsar that home recovery was not available with this service so the missus and I both have Green Flag to cover us at home.
balithbe

Post by balithbe »

This happened to me while driving in heavy snow late last year,exact same symptoms,eventually on same day car allowed me to stop engine using stop button,on re-start warning lights back to normal and speedo working again but chassis control fault on,on next start all working ok,and not missed a beat since,so your not the only one this has happened to but can't explain why only suspect related to the snow.
Hope you get it resolved.
Collabro
2007 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
2011 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
2015 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
2018 1.5dci Tekna+ Vivid Blue
Percy

Post by Percy »

This exact thing happened to me in December when it snowed, it all went back to normal after two days. A couple of months later is when the battery gave up but symptoms were similar then, just wouldn't start as well.

The snow seems to really mess up some of the technology on the car
2016 1.2 Ink Blue with glass roof.