Emergency braking system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

Afternoon all...this aft I had the orange Forward Emergency Braking light flash up on the drivers information screen, only for a second and no braking was applied, but seeing as though the car has just covered 266 miles from new ( from what I have read on here 200 miles seems to be the starting point for this issue ) I'm wondering if I have a full on braking incident to come?

Situation was as follows : Driving uphill at about 30mph over a blind crest on a left hand bend, FEB light flashes as I reach the crest, there is a car coming towards me in the right hand lane also reaching the crest at same time as I do.

So, could this be the FEB seeing the other car, as in one second there isn't a car there and the next there is?

Kind of hoping this was just a one off, but we'll wait and see.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red

Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Yes, I get the beeps now and again especially if someone turns left and brakes while doing so.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
alans220

Post by alans220 »

Mines done 7500 miles have had this regularly, just the light and beep, no actual braking.

Always seems to happen for a reason so not concerned at all.
Qashqai 1.5dci 115 J11B Vivid Blue
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Thanks guys.... until I get a full blown anchors on incident, then I'll take this as the norm.
BigJ

Post by BigJ »

I have a 19 plate and have come up against this issue of the cars emergency breaking system fault breaking for no reason. Its happened a couple of times when the yellow warning light has come on but also a couple of times when the red warning light comes on, the car breaks by itself and high pitch noise in the cab. I was nearly rearended by a van the last time it happened. Phoned the dealership and they said "they had heard of that one"

have to wait 2 weeks for it to be looked at.....
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Mine's been completely OK after said update.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

I've just had two texts from my Nissan dealership. One to remind me about my QQ's 2nd service, the second text just says my QQ is booked in for "Other".

I just logged onto the Nissan.co.uk website and there is one Recall Alert relating to the Intelligent Emergency Braking (IEB) on my Qashqai. It's a pity Nissan didn't email me to say there's a new message waiting for me to view on their website, although sometimes they will send a letter in the post. :?

I've mentioned before that the IEB activates randomly for no reason when there are no other cars present on the road - particularly on sharp bends or if there is a road sign it thinks is a car. :|

QQ Recall Alert.JPG

Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I had this alert appear on You+ only for it to disappear after a few days, now weeks later it's back... and this is all after I had an update applied which has worked perfectly since. I'll not be dashing back in any hurry in case it's another red herring.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
dafman

Post by dafman »

Hi Sandgrounder, I had exactly the same message Yesterday so popped to local dealership to check it out, guess what they know nothing about it.
Mine has been into dealership and had the radar sensor behind the grill badge replaced and the software updated because mine did not work at all.
The dealership are going to contact Nissan to find out about it, will keep you updated. Bill
2014 QQ J11 pearl black 1.5dci accenta premium
2018 QQ J11B magnetic red 1.2dig-t n connecta
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Sandgrounder wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 am I've just had two texts from my Nissan dealership. One to remind me about my QQ's 2nd service, the second text just says my QQ is booked in for "Other".

I just logged onto the Nissan.co.uk website and there is one Recall Alert relating to the Intelligent Emergency Braking (IEB) on my Qashqai. It's a pity Nissan didn't email me to say there's a new message waiting for me to view on their website, although sometimes they will send a letter in the post. :?

I've mentioned before that the IEB activates randomly for no reason when there are no other cars present on the road - particularly on sharp bends or if there is a road sign it thinks is a car. :|

QQ Recall Alert.JPG
I have the same recall notice for IEB on the YOU+Nissan website along with a Body Control Module recall, it really doesn't give you confidence in the dealer network when they don't contact you to let you know about the recalls.

The Main Dealers can see all the relevant recall information on their computer system ( parts guy at Pontefract showed me ) as soon as it is released by Nissan, but contacting you would seem like too much trouble.