Emergency braking system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
Rob74
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Rob74 »

I’ve been getting the unavailable warning popping up repeatedly over the last 2-3months, when I mentioned it to the dealer the response was “next time it comes on bring the car in” this would be great if it didn’t randomly go off & come back on when it feels like it [emoji23]
Last edited by Rob74 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 1.5dci Tekna ink blue

Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

Yes I have had this problem with mine.
I’m not sure it is the same faults but mine alarms me that I’m about to run into something there is nothing at all around. I get the flashing Icon on the screen.
Of course maybe dealership has not attended this issue although I have informed them of it.
It’s happened 3 times within 1000km
br0ce
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by br0ce »

I took delivery of a new QashQai in Oct 2017. 1.2 litre petrol auto. On three separate occasions the auto brake kicked in when there was nothing ahead (or behind luckily!) . Twice when going around a bend at about 30pmh and one on the straight. It was booked in for the first annual service so I mentioned this to the dealer. They have said there was a code showing and that they will call me in a few days to discuss what they will do. When I took the car in the front nearside foglamp glass cover was broken. This was caused by a stone when driving. I was asked it the car was involved in any impact ( shopping trolly hitting it etc. ), which it hasn't. I got the impression that they were not convinced but I will wait to see what action they propose to take.
I will post my comments when contacted by the Nissan dealer.
Nick_Qashqai18

Post by Nick_Qashqai18 »

I bought new QQ last year and have had intermittent issues with the emergency braking system - which is disconcerting to say the least!

After a spontaneous automatic brake whilst driving, fortunately not causing any accident, I took it to the dealer. The first time we brought it in the car was checked over and the diagnosis was that the car was fine and the sensor just needed to be cleaned.

We, perhaps niavely, accepted this explanation and car was problem free for a few months until car braked on motorway with no traffic around (fortunately) so car going into the dealership again. In the meantime I am driving with emergency braking disabled via the “driving aids” screen on dashboard.

Dealership have been very blasé about a potentially very dangerous fault. Have lost trust in their judgement / diagnosis. Clearly something wrong with sensor.

Interested to hear thoughts on this and will update once car has been seen again.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nick, have you seen this Post from the “Search” Area, worth a read - Dave 🙂

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6654#p56832
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Dan1701

Post by Dan1701 »

It gets better, does this emergency braking issue.

If you are driving along on cruise control and the emergency brake is triggered, the cruise control is not cancelled. Ergo, if this is a real emergency the car slows down a bit then tries to speed up again, back into whatever dangerous situation caused it to brake in the first place.

I have reported this to Nissan in minute detail, and received only a query about what bit of this I thought was most dangerous!
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Thursday we were travelling slowly through a small village which had a lay-by on the nearside of the road. A passenger was getting into a car so I gave him a bit of space and moved slightly into the oncoming lane which was completely free of traffic and then moved back to the normal road position. As I did so the emergency brake system activated and I heard the rear wheels skid as the wheels locked-up. My wife's response when I told her what had happened was that she didn't like that at all and for our next car we should return to Kia. So it looks like the QQ's days are numbered.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Mine is booked in next week to be checked... I'll keep you posted.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Car3

Post by Car3 »

My 2019 Acenta (pre-registered) did much the same thing. I was turning off the road onto a much smaller road and the emergency brake went off at the same time as the alarm. Nothing on the road at all (fortunately). Rear wheels locked and the front wheels kept driving. I have turned the emergency stop facility off and won't be turning it on again. Sure, it could save my life or someone else's life but it might kill me (or them) first! I won't be using any chocolate teapots either! And another thing, if we do leave the EU, could we please assign daylight running lights to the dustbin of history? At least then, we will be able to see people's turn indicators again. I really miss being able to see where people are going! While I am having a rant, please, please, could some clever person invent a manual handbrake. How do I remember that pushing turns it off and pulling turns it on. When do we push a button to turn something off? I'll just press this 'K' key and that will turn the 'K' off - kkkkkkkkk bugger!
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Be aware Car3 that you will need to turn off emergency braking every time u start the car, the setting is not permanent.

If you have the new auto-hold brake option i recommend you turn it on, read the manual and give it a try, it's so easy and there's no buttons to press anymore.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)