Emergency braking system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

@Pandjh

So there is no way to turn off the emergency braking permanently!!!!!

I like my QQ and had intended to get a new QQ later this year however, I don't want a QQ with the potential emergency braking system fault. I had thought that is was possible to turn off the emergency braking permanently and had planed to leave it off until the fault had been identified and fixed. The chances of me remembering to turn off the emergency braking system every time I drive the car is remote. I am going to have a look at the CX-5 or VW Tiguan :(
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.

Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Mine is booked in to be investigated tomorrow, I'll report back here after.

You actually get used to the required key presses quite quickly but I agree it's a pain in the ####.

It's become habit for me, engine on, stop start off, emerg braking off, radio up
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

So is this problem being kept under the table, this might be an overkill on my part but is it worth following up ?. I would assume that these type of parts would be “Standardised” to be used on a variety of vehicles as a “Cost Saving”.

I have been looking around and there does appear to be a “Problem” with the Nissan “AEB System” in many vehicles but at present the comments are Nissan US and Bosch related parts. As the problem appears to be with US Rogue Sport (QQ here) it could well be the same part manufactured world wide for the AEB System by Bosch.
This is just an assessment of the problem, but if you read the following different attachments it might be worth copying them and discussing this with your Dealers and or NCS. If it has hit the Press in the US there appears to be a problem but no “Recall”.

What do you think is it worth following up - please keep us informed Dave 🤨

E72A378D-30BD-40D6-97B7-DF527074195B.jpeg

Faulty radars are compromising Nissan's emergency braking system | Digital Trends :
https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/faul ... ng-system/

Nissan recall, Brakes - The Car Guide :
https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/recalls/2019090/

46 Complaints: 2018 Nissan Rogue Service Brakes Problems :
https://www.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Ro ... akes.shtml

Nissan scrambles to replace faulty radar modules in some cars - SlashGear :
https://www.slashgear.com/nissan-scramb ... -21546828/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

@DaveBerlin

I have done my own trawl for information on the issue and my personal conclusion is that there appears to be an unpredictable and unresolved issue with the Emergency braking system. It is my view that there are too many incidents for the problem to be affecting a “few” isolated vehicles, just look at the reports on this forum. The core issue for me is the unpredictable nature of the fault, could it happen on the motorway at 70 mph and if so what might be the consequences, probably not something I, or anyone traveling with me, would care to experience.

I like my current QQ, but I don't want a new one with such an unpredictable and unresolved issue.

In my view the Emergency braking system should disabled, at least this would remove the unpredictable nature of the fault until a fix is identified
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

@PJB729, OK, just a simple question have you spoke to your Dealer (Service Dept) or contacted NCS on this issue, if it is as it appears to be, then there should be internal “Recall” information floating around the Nissan System. It is great raising the issue on the Forum to inform, but the correct contact people should be informed especially if this problem is turning major or a Safety issue - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I note that the recall referenced above is not a UK recall. A comment contained there suggests it's in Canada.

VOSA currently list no such recall.

I'll know for sure tomorrow.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

@DaveBerlin

I will be talking to my QQ dealer in a few weeks time to get their view, most of the dealers, near my location , are in the same general area I can combine a visit to the Nissan dealer along with a visit to the Mazda dealer. In my search around the internet I have not come across any mention of a recall in the UK for the Emergency Braking System. It will be interesting to see what Pandjh's dealer says, Pandjh has experience of the issue first hand and has seen the other reports on the forum so is aware that his issue is not a one off incident.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Pandjh, I was aware that this information was not relevant to the UK, but mentioned the US. I just thought that the information could be relevant to the problem you have. It appears that in the US “TSB’s” (Technical Service Bulletins) have been raised but Nissan considered it did not need “Recalls” - this is purely information on what appears to be the same problem - Dave 😏

Center for Auto Safety Calls on NHTSA to Investigate Malfunctioning Automatic Emergency Braking System on 2017-2018 Nissan Rogue Vehicles  - Center for Autosafety :
https://www.autosafety.org/center-for-a ... -vehicles/

Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) Problems - Nissan Problems :
http://www.nissanproblems.com/aeb/

TSB - Technical Service Bulletin Info’ :

A43BB5EF-A3EC-467C-A74B-52CF7176C1E8.jpeg

Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Thanks DaveBerlin and PJB729 for the timely info. Until tomorrow....
Car3

Post by Car3 »

I now turn the emergency braking system off before every journey. I don’t think there is any option but to do this. I won’t drive the car with the system turned on.