Emergency braking system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
phatboy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by phatboy »

calnorth wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:37 am
phatboy wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:19 am Mine had a software update in November to resolve these issues, but it didn't work and I've had 3 false positives where the brakes applied hard.

Logging to dealer again today.... my opinion is the car is unroadworthy.
I suspect that the update in November is the same one we discuss above. It is dangerous to say the least and it highlights the foolishness of certain electronics and software sub systems in this environment. They attempt a wriggle out with "you the user can turn it off". Enabling autonomous activity in this domain is a dangerous path and could head off toward Corporate Neglect...causing harm! The wriggle bit switches responsibility to the User....wrong!

The Nissan Warranty update reference is P9327. Ask them what was installed in Nov ...or is it on your receipts...should be?
Would be great if I could turn it off, for more than 1 journey! I cannot expect the wife to go through the menus with the kids sitting in the car wanting to go.

My dealer doesn't give receipts for warranty work it would seem! Emailed them about it, after nobody returned my call Friday.....
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Its switchable in Settings/Driver Assistance...should be but see your user manual. Should be permanent by a tick box

If they have worked on your car the dealer must provide detailed documentation...a wadge of it.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

calnorth wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:00 am Its switchable in Settings/Driver Assistance...should be but see your user manual. Should be permanent by a tick box

If they have worked on your car the dealer must provide detailed documentation...a wadge of it.
Yes I've switched it off in the past, but pretty sure at the next journey it was back on again?! Maybe as a safety feature it auto re-enables... although Lane Departure does remain off thankfully....
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

phatboy wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:03 am
calnorth wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:00 am Its switchable in Settings/Driver Assistance...should be but see your user manual. Should be permanent by a tick box

Yes I've switched it off in the past, but pretty sure at the next journey it was back on again?! Maybe as a safety feature it auto re-enables... although Lane Departure does remain off thankfully....
I have mine switched on and as far as I'm concerned no braking occurs....of any significance. I'll turn it off in a minute and start up later...see what happens. If its in the Settings menu its switchable AFAIK. Unlike Start/Stop which is an external button enabling switching temporarily then defaults to ON.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Time for a technical document (Bosch) which has me done for because I don't have access to affordable test equipment. This document is not dated but the device shown has the same physical look as whats standing at the front of the QQ. Behind the bumper and I think to the drivers side. It could well be this unit.

Simplified:
It emits a cone shaped electromagnetic field from about 30 cms upto 160 mtrs. It may detect multiple targets but it surely has to prioritise target returns. For near target(s) it'll have to calculate safe stopping distances with reference to speeds/distances. It'll call a look up table for that and execute some things that the look up table prescribes (preloaded). All on the fly and swapping targets as required.

Car manufacturers and friends as we know promote their stuff in a manner that is not the real world....its the Lab and many tweaks on the test track. The real world throws multiple curved balls which sensor systems are going to have difficulty with. Us with the QQ/Rogue are certainly seeing that.

https://www.bosch-mobility-solutions.com/media/global/products-and-services/passenger-cars-and-light-commercial-vehicles/driver-assistance-systems/predictive-emergency-braking-system/mid-range-radar-sensor-(mrr)/product-data-sheet-mid-range-radar-sensor-(mrr)-2.pdf

Only one on the QQ.

Screensho)-2 pdf.png

1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

phatboy wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:03 am

You are correct. I had switched it OFF in the Settings (untick earlier). On later start up the bloody thing had defaulted to ON. I switched it OFF on the move which showed the yellow car crash symbol in the Speedo. On restart later it defaulted to ON. All wrong of course!
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

Is this of interest to anyone affected?

https://car-recalls.eu/nissan-to-recall-1-5-million-cars-due-to-the-brake-assist-problems/?fbclid=IwAR3yRdOyE33WnogFl9kWwXVlg-LU4WAH8aCeKb22lCfaXEfhlpZEnJDHTUY
2010 Acenta 1.5 dci (Sold)
2016 N-connecta 1.2 dig-t (Sold)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Turvey, Whoops this was posted a few days back and it looks the same, but better too much than not enough - Dave 😉

“Is this the same problem previously reported in this thread?”

https://car-recalls.eu/nissan-to-recall-1-5-million-cars-due-to-the-brake-assist-problems/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

DaveBerlin wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:52 pm Turvey, Whoops this was posted a few days back and it looks the same, but better too much than not enough - Dave 😉

“Is this the same problem previously reported in this thread?”

https://car-recalls.eu/nissan-to-recall-1-5-million-cars-due-to-the-brake-assist-problems/

Whoops indeed! I did have a quick look back, obviously not back far enough though. I've not followed that thread as, so far *touches wood* it hasn't affected me.

As you say, better to be posted twice than never. I'll try and check a bit better next time 😉
2010 Acenta 1.5 dci (Sold)
2016 N-connecta 1.2 dig-t (Sold)
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

Mine went back in yesterday....

"no fault codes found or software updates available, so it must be fine". I am advised to read the user manual which advises that false activations can happen....... WTF

So I'll just wait for someone to rear end me when my almost brand new car decides to halt me as rapidly as possible on a clear road, at 40mph....