Emergency braking system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
xenon102
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:00 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by xenon102 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Had my J11b QQ for a week now, not had any problems with the emergency brake apart from one. In the UK we've recently had storm Ciara and this weekend is storm Denis, so the weather has been awful. I was driving along the motorway about 50mph in the POURING rain and the system came up with a warning saying radar was obstructed and was now offline. Can only assume this was due to the torrential rain as the car is brand new and there was nothing stuck to the Nissan badge at the front (where the radar is) when I stopped.

Have heard a few stories about this particular function going barmy in the rain, anyone else had any similar experiences?
2019 '69 Plate | J11b N-Connecta | 1.3 DiG-T 140 PS | Glass Roof Pack

User avatar
calnorth
Posts: 1852
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by calnorth » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:12 am

You'll get the same effect with Satellite DTV signals, and some radars if the rainfall (obstructions) are severe enough. Radar returns are sufficiently disrupted/weakened to cause the system error(s) detection to kick in. Pity the design doesn't show a "system ok" message after such events...if it is ok (no/less errors) that is?

For military radars there is a way to get around raindrops (literally)...not so for car radars though.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

DaveBerlin
Posts: 7689
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by DaveBerlin » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:46 am

Xenon102, our QQ was picked up new in Dec 19 and as yet we have had no AEB problems, as today if there is rain / moisture I just go around with a tissue and clean the Badge, Cameras and Sensors, it is a habit I got into with the QQ J11A. There is also the Nissan AEB Recall but ours appears to be out of the dates concerned - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

xenon102
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:00 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by xenon102 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:28 pm

calnorth wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:12 am
You'll get the same effect with Satellite DTV signals, and some radars if the rainfall (obstructions) are severe enough. Radar returns are sufficiently disrupted/weakened to cause the system error(s) detection to kick in. Pity the design doesn't show a "system ok" message after such events...if it is ok (no/less errors) that is?

For military radars there is a way to get around raindrops (literally)...not so for car radars though.
Thanks, you're right now system ok message, but cleared for the next trip anyway, i'll keep an eye on it ;)
2019 '69 Plate | J11b N-Connecta | 1.3 DiG-T 140 PS | Glass Roof Pack

xenon102
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:00 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by xenon102 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:30 pm

DaveBerlin wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:46 am
Xenon102, our QQ was picked up new in Dec 19 and as yet we have had no AEB problems, as today if there is rain / moisture I just go around with a tissue and clean the Badge, Cameras and Sensors, it is a habit I got into with the QQ J11A. There is also the Nissan AEB Recall but ours appears to be out of the dates concerned - Dave 🤨
Thanks for the tip, i'll have to remember that! My QQ is brand new also, any idea how I can check the AEB Recall details? is it done by VIN or anything? Also struggling to determine for sure the build date...
2019 '69 Plate | J11b N-Connecta | 1.3 DiG-T 140 PS | Glass Roof Pack

DaveBerlin
Posts: 7689
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by DaveBerlin » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Xenon102, I think we are safe regarding the dates and generally do not panic if there has been no recall or contact from Nissan. I normally take a drive to our Dealer and Speak to the Service Mgr. (with the written information) or you can contact and ask NCS - Dave 😏

Regarding the AEB the comment is that the cars were manufactured at different production periods between November 8, 2016, and June 5, 2019. The update the software of the “Intelligent Emergency Braking” (IEB) system lasts 45 minutes and the action with the internal code “P9327”.
These are official Recalls :
You could try playing with this - Nissan VIN Check « Car Recalls EU : https://car-recalls.eu/vin-check-recalls/nissan/

Check if a vehicle, part or accessory has been recalled - GOV.UK : https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

xenon102
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:00 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by xenon102 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:51 am

DaveBerlin wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:29 pm
Xenon102, I think we are safe regarding the dates and generally do not panic if there has been no recall or contact from Nissan. I normally take a drive to our Dealer and Speak to the Service Mgr. (with the written information) or you can contact and ask NCS - Dave 😏

Regarding the AEB the comment is that the cars were manufactured at different production periods between November 8, 2016, and June 5, 2019. The update the software of the “Intelligent Emergency Braking” (IEB) system lasts 45 minutes and the action with the internal code “P9327”.
These are official Recalls :
You could try playing with this - Nissan VIN Check « Car Recalls EU : https://car-recalls.eu/vin-check-recalls/nissan/

Check if a vehicle, part or accessory has been recalled - GOV.UK : https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall
Thanks Dave, very useful info indeed! have checked both and I seem to be fine thankfully.
2019 '69 Plate | J11b N-Connecta | 1.3 DiG-T 140 PS | Glass Roof Pack

DaveBerlin
Posts: 7689
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by DaveBerlin » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:52 am

Yesterday I was in a Hospital Multi Park House and to say the very least it was all very tight, even driving in and getting a ticket the QQ Alarms were going off. Anyway I drove in behind another “Oldie” who wanted to park as most do by the entrance, he parked with some difficulty, I waited for the Brake Lights to go out and started to drive forward. Well the QQ accelerated but the “Oldie” started then to reverse and the QQ done a standing on its nose job, full brakes with flashing red lights, just like an Emergency Full Stop. So now I assume the AEB does work as it should and now very confident - Dave 😉 ✅

Nissan Description :

23451A0F-1A2C-4912-A48B-776F9D272EC7.jpeg

It’s looks also like these people in their Tesla were also lucky.

Tesla automatic brakes stopped two families being crushed by a tree : https://mol.im/a/8012215
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

runrabbitrun
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:55 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by runrabbitrun » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:03 pm

hi all , have had my brand new qashqai since September and so far have had a about 6 instances where the car beeps and warning symbol flashes up but no dramas and generally for no apparent reason.
A couple of days ago i had a warning symbol i hadn't seen before ( like a car reversing into another vehicle symbol but again no problems.
But today was driving along a straight road which was damp , not wet and wasn't raining and the brake suddenly locked on and the abs cut in , luckily no one behind and no apparent reason to do so.
Have read a lot on here about this and to be honest thought was sorted by now, obviously not so on the phone tomorrow.
Just thought i would flag it up as its still happening to brand vehicles.
p.s. pretty sure mine is a late one as quite a few bits on the car have stickers on with 2020 dates.
Cheers Jim.

User avatar
calnorth
Posts: 1852
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking system fault

Post by calnorth » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:32 am

I'm surprised that you haven't had a recall letter? There have been software updates for one. Don't think hardware has been changed though?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

Post Reply