2012 (62) Nissan Qashqai - headunit swap

ICE, Equipment, Options
CaptGadget
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by CaptGadget »

Yea fairly simple. The side panel near the stereo comes out easily.

I removed the aux port in my 2010 model and replaced it with a usb/aux port and ran the new cable the same route.

I couldn’t get the side panel near the armrest out and was running out of time so instead hid the cable behind it by pushing it in at the bottom of the panel and in to back of the armrest. No visible cable.

chenks
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by chenks »

Side panel?
Pretty sure I didn't see any removable side panel in mine (it's a 2012 model).
Also the cable then need to go along inside the centre console, past the gear stick, hand brake and then into the armrest storage.
2012 1.5 dci N-TEc+
CaptGadget

Post by CaptGadget »

Sorry it’s hard to describe but it’s the panel on the left near the pedals. This gives you access to the cables from the back of the stereo. You can the run the cable along the center console and hide it behind the bottom of the center console all the way along to the back of the armrest. Once the cable is hidden you can pop the panels back in.

The armrest back panel pops out easily so you can run the cable into it from there by removing the current usb/aux port by pushing two springy bits that locks it into place.
chenks

Post by chenks »

in the end feeding the cable was easy.
unclip the gear stick cover, unclip the cup holders, unclip the rear of the storage area.
this gives plenty room to feed the cable from the head unti thru into the storage area.
2012 1.5 dci N-TEc+
Ddave73

Post by Ddave73 »

I realise this is a slightly old thread however after searching for information this is the most informative thread I've found on the subject.

I'm picking up a 2012 N-Tec+ this Thursday, had it out for a test drive today and everything seemed fine to my relatively untrained eye.

The first thing I thought when I had a good look at the factory fitted headunit was that the top priority is to get this upgraded as soon as possible.

Just a few questions if you don't mind.

Did you get the button to work that turns the cameras on when going slowly? I find that very useful and would really like to retain that function.

Do all the steering wheel controls work as they should?

I upgraded a C4 Picasso and used the Connects2 kit and it was about 90 percent fine, if memory serves me correctly it was the menu button that had an issue but it was something I just learned to live with.

The camera functionality, does that work with all of the cameras? Or is it just the reverse?

I was guessing that there may be multiple camera inputs needed on the back of the new headunit perhaps?

Thanks for any help, I'm really keen to get the headunit changed but would hate to have to lose certain functions like all around camera or whatever else may be affected.
chenks

Post by chenks »

nope didn't get that button working, not sure it the kit supports that function, i never looked into it any further.
all the cameras work in reverse though.
2012 1.5 dci N-TEc+