What brand speakers?

ICE, Equipment, Options
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

I’m curious as to what brand speakers are in the QQ 2018 series 2

I’ve had many trips back and forth to dealership to try get my brand new car fixed, while chatting briefly to the dealership about these issues I told my dealership that my stereos system sounded was pretty crap, bit like my mums old wireless radio back in the 70s the response I got was, well it shouldn’t be as you have Bose speakers system in your car.
I almost died laughing, while I was laughing and said no it doesn’t, they said yes it does, it has Bose speakers.
so I am curious if someone can tell me who makes the speakers as it is certainly NOT Bose as I have been dishonestly told!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Sue, this could be another one of these „Country Codes“ as the Nissan Spec for the UK / Germany mentions that the Bose 8 Speaker System is NA on the Visia / Acenta / N-Connecta, but an option on the Tekna and Std on the Tekna +.

In AU the Nissan Spec states a 6 Speaker System for the ST / ST-L / N-TEC :
An AU Auto Mag states a 7 Speaker System :
All very confusing looks like another trip to The Dealer or a call to NCS if it helps - Dave :D

D795C3AF-25A3-4DD1-B930-2F3AE703D89E.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Devilrex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Devilrex »

Thanks so much Dave, you have been really helpful as always.
I will prob be speaking to the dishonest lot tomorrow on other issues, 4mths is a long time to be stuck with a dodgy car while Nissan has done nothing.
Thanks again mate
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

FYI Bose is standard on the UK Tekna and Tekna+, it sounds decent but not convinced its really Bose. Its most likely clarion like the Bose system use to be in a 350z.
Ink Blue J11B Tekna 1.2 Dig-T with Glass Roof
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

From my experience of the J11a I would say that much of the problem of poor audio performance originates in the head unit. In terms of audio quality I have noted that the FM receiver is pretty poor, in theory it should be better than DAB quality but it's lacking in both HF and LF response. That combined with the low frequency roll off from around 100Hz at about 12dB or more per octave makes for pretty lacklustre performance (every 3db is equal to halving the power, so by the time you get down to 50Hz the signal driving the speaker is an eighth of what it should be). The frequency response characteristics it has don't happen by accident, it's a design decision to make DAB sound better than FM (which it shouldn't) and to make (more expensive) cars sold with the subwoofer sound disproportionately better than they should be. Whether the Bose option yields a flatter head unit response I don't know, but unless it does it's never going to be anything other than mediocre.

I replaced the standard (non-Bose) speakers for Infinity Kappa units and it was better but not much so. It's taken a lot for me to get mine sounding half reasonable and quite frankly it would have been a lot easier if the head unit was decent to start with.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Take a look at this Old Post there might be some facts of interest to you - Dave :D

viewtopic.php?t=6118&start=10
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Valleyboy22
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Valleyboy22 »

Just got a 61 plate ntec qq plus, abd wondering what speakers are in these.
Thanks