New Qashqai Headlights Confusion

ICE, Equipment, Options
ali.mkhm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by ali.mkhm »

Hi every one,

I have got my new Nissan like 4 weeks ago (I'm from New Zealand).

The question is about the headlights. My Qashqai ST-L 2018 doesn't seem to have low beams!
Simply put, there are three states on the light controller handle, 1. Off, 2. Low/side beams, 3. All on, 4. High beams. Switching to number 2 that in all cars switches on the low beam lights, doesn't do anything on my QQ except lowering the power of the LEDs. Please look at the photos:

1. When the switch is off (attached: 1 off light.jpg) seems fine, only daylight LEDs are on
2. When the switch is on middle for low/side lights, nothing happen (2 low side beam light.jpg)
3. Only the side lights are on (3 full light)

The problem is on numbers 2 and 3, where the middle light is supposed to be on. They only become on when I pull/push the lever and it sets to high beam, but there's no low beam in any situation.

The other state is only for the fog lights and works fine (screenshot fog lights.jpg).

I talked to someone in the dealer branch where I got the car, and he said "I guess that's normal, my Qashqai is the same!".

Any thoughts are appreciated guys. Basically I would like to know if this is the behavior of QQ or something is wrong in my car and I will need to take it to the service center.

Thank you very much :-)

Regards,
Ali.

3 full light.jpg

2 low side beam light.jpg

1 off light.jpg

fog lights.jpg

Michelvantriet81

Post by Michelvantriet81 »

Seems like all is wroking fine..
The outer lights in first pic is the normal driving light working together with dimmed drls.
2nd pic is city light which is only drls and back lights on. If off the drls are still on.
The big / full light is between the normal and the drls.
Works same on my qq
2017/03. QQ 1.2 DiGT manual, 10 year annaversary model with Design pack(panoroof, roofrails, 18' rims).
ali.mkhm

Post by ali.mkhm »

Thanks Michel for the reply. So you mean the fact that second and third photos are almost identical for the front headlights is fine?
Michelvantriet81

Post by Michelvantriet81 »

Yep.
In different markets there is a difference. In my qq on 0 lights are all off see 4th pict.
On city lights the drls on see 3rd pict.
On dipped headlights drls dimmed and headlights on.see 2nd pict.
1st picture is with high beems on(stick moved to forward.

2017/03. QQ 1.2 DiGT manual, 10 year annaversary model with Design pack(panoroof, roofrails, 18' rims).
ali.mkhm

Post by ali.mkhm »

Thank you for the photos. It's normal then.