cannot lock Qashqi 54 reg

ICE, Equipment, Options
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Wow, you really did get ripped off. I would have sprayed with WD40 for a start. Failing that just purchased a new barrel / key and replaced the old one.

Even the Car Key man can do it for £165, inc Vat. I would have used them before Nissan.

Qashqai_King wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:09 am Ignition barrel has been replaced at Nissan garage - all working now but it did cost £430. All due to a part within the barrel wearing down due to putting the key in and out of the ignition :(

Qashqai_King
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Qashqai_King »

That may or may not be the case. My local independent garage quote £600 for a similar job that did in the past.

£200 from the car key man for the part is great but then I have to do the work and if for what ever reason it didn't work I would potentially a broken ignition barrel and the cost of getting someone to fix the mess I made, in-addition to getting the car to a garage
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Just drive the car too us and we’ll do the rest. We’ll put the car in our workshop, remove the ignition key stuck in the lock, strip it down and replace all the worn parts.

Does it come with a warranty?
Yes, just like the new ignition from Nissan, it comes with one year’s warranty. However, we’re very happy with this repair and have confidence it will last far longer.
Qashqai_King wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:41 pm £200 from the car key man for the part is great but then I have to do the work and if for what ever reason it didn't work I would potentially a broken ignition barrel and the cost of getting someone to fix the mess I made, in-addition to getting the car to a garage
davewuf
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by davewuf »

thanks for the update,i think for now i will after make do without the fob until i can afford it.
Qashqai_King
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Qashqai_King »

I would try using something like a lock spray (graphite) rather than wd40 - might work

Personally I’m rather relieved that I can now lock my car. If you’re near the other guys garage maybe he can help.