Emergency braking problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
Rickster1978
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:38 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Emergency braking problem

Post by Rickster1978 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:42 am

Hi all

Long time lurker but new poster here.

We recently took delivery of our second Qashqai. It’s a 2018 N-Connecta 1.2 petrol. It’s been fine so far except for this morning when my wife was driving to the supermarket. She turned onto an empty road and the emergency braking unit kicked in. There were no vehicles in front of her but there was a van behind her which just managed to stop in time.

Has anyone else had this happen? She was only about 100 yards away from the main Nissan dealer so she’s driven it straight there but it really shook her up.


paplane
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Re: Emergency braking problem

Post by paplane » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:55 am

I too have recently purchased a 2nd QQ (mines a 2018 N-Connecta 1.2 petrol too). It replaced a 2014 Acenta Premium.

I haven't had the experience of your wife but what I have noticed is that the emergency braking system on the 2018 car does seem to be a lot more trigger happy. I've noticed a few times, when pulling up to stationary cars at lights, that the system has far less confidence in my ability to brake late than that of the last car.


User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: Emergency braking problem

Post by gloucester » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:02 pm

I've not felt the emergency braking on mine kick in in over two years of ownership. Warning buzzer yes, brake no
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07


User avatar
Daewar
Posts: 1032
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: Emergency braking problem

Post by Daewar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:35 pm

You cant be driving fast enough ;)
gloucester wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:02 pm
I've not felt the emergency braking on mine kick in in over two years of ownership. Warning buzzer yes, brake no
J11A 2016 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.


RichInkblue
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 am
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking problem

Post by RichInkblue » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Rickster1978 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:42 am
Hi all

Long time lurker but new poster here.

We recently took delivery of our second Qashqai. It’s a 2018 N-Connecta 1.2 petrol. It’s been fine so far except for this morning when my wife was driving to the supermarket. She turned onto an empty road and the emergency braking unit kicked in. There were no vehicles in front of her but there was a van behind her which just managed to stop in time.

Has anyone else had this happen? She was only about 100 yards away from the main Nissan dealer so she’s driven it straight there but it really shook her up.
We have a 2018 1.2 model and it's doing the same i didn't believe my wife at first but was just in car with my kid in back and it did it nothing anywhere near me, its dangerous. What we the issue with yours ? Can it be switched off?
June 2018 1.2t n-connecta, glass roof pack.


DaveBerlin
Posts: 5725
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: Emergency braking problem

Post by DaveBerlin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:03 pm

These are just some examples of comments from Old Posts on the AEB System if you have not seen them before. Might be worth a read - Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6954&p=59921&hilit ... ing#p59921

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6333&p=60340&hilit ... ing#p60340

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6333&hilit=AEB#p54931
2014/08 1.2L DIG-T QQ Tekna QAB Pearl White (M)/Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front/Rear Pearl White/Auto-Fold Mirrors Chromed/Shark Fin Antenna/Bonnet Struts/LED's Innen,Footwell,No.Plate/White & Chrome Side Mouldings/Webasto


gvmdaddy
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: Emergency braking problem

Post by gvmdaddy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:37 pm

RichInkblue wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:48 pm
Rickster1978 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:42 am
Hi all

Long time lurker but new poster here.

We recently took delivery of our second Qashqai. It’s a 2018 N-Connecta 1.2 petrol. It’s been fine so far except for this morning when my wife was driving to the supermarket. She turned onto an empty road and the emergency braking unit kicked in. There were no vehicles in front of her but there was a van behind her which just managed to stop in time.

Has anyone else had this happen? She was only about 100 yards away from the main Nissan dealer so she’s driven it straight there but it really shook her up.
We have a 2018 1.2 model and it's doing the same i didn't believe my wife at first but was just in car with my kid in back and it did it nothing anywhere near me, its dangerous. What we the issue with yours ? Can it be switched off?
Get it booked in to your dealership to be looked at. I’m over 4 years into ownership and had no problems with this, in fact it saved me from a certain crash 3 years ago exiting a motorway on an unlit slip road. It scared the hell out of me, but worked as I needed it to.


Lancer21
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: Emergency braking problem

Post by Lancer21 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Well, I hope it isn't something that happens a lot... So far, the downsides of the Qashqai series I've found online were minor comfort-related things, but THAT scares me as it already happened to me before and could have led to terrible consequences, if the person driving behind me didn't have lightning fast reflexes.

Is there a way to prevent it BEFORE it happens?


User avatar
Daewar
Posts: 1032
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: Emergency braking problem

Post by Daewar » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:05 pm

You could phone your dealer & ask if there is a check/software update for your car. If they instantly say no, then they are bullshitting you. Make sure the person goes away & checks.

If you search the forums you will find some info where there appears to be a bad batch of Radar sensors.
Lancer21 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:34 pm
Is there a way to prevent it BEFORE it happens?
J11A 2016 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.


MartinA Nick
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:06 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: Emergency braking problem

Post by MartinA Nick » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:47 am

We purchased our Qashqai last November new. We have had many issues of the braking system activating without warning.
Car has been back to the dealer on several occasions and Nissan themselves have been involved in trying to resolve the problem.
Alas it still goes off without warning and interestingly it always activates on the same road and in the same place every time we travel down that road.
I think very dangerous so I now deactivate it each time I drive it. Not good


Post Reply

Return to “Electronic systems”