Satnav speed cameras

ICE, Equipment, Options
lagosjohn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lagosjohn »

I have just purchased a new n connecta 1.3 dig and can't find the access to my speed camera alert. Any suggestions please. I know they have changed from Google map Sat nav to Tom Tom. Is this causing the issue ?

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

If I remember correctly, the connect system was not a google system (I’m on my third - one Juke & 2 QQ)
If the new one is Tom-Tom that’s news to me - it looks extremely similar to the previous version.
That said, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been mistaken.

I believe that the camera alerts have been removed because those alerts are illegal in some countries where the QQ is sold.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

If your ICE has a map SD card it can use speed camera POI's. If its an Android type ICE (no map card) then its a case of using an App that does support such POi's. Most people use Waze as I understand it.

Somebody on this forum reckoned Google maps would support speed cams. Don't think either Nissan or Google would allow that and it is certainly illegal in that place....France!

An App: PocketGPSWorld.com in UK provides a SpeedCam database and certainly for Android phones. It requires an annual subscription of about £17 pa and its kept up to date. Don't think this works on the Nissan Android ICE though....no SIM card for Google Play etc...?

https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Most of them are now dead in any case aren't they?

You often see mobile ones in Gloucestershire but of course they move around. If all the mobile sites around here were on the database the thing would be beeping every mile or less.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

gloucester wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:11 am Most of them are now dead in any case aren't they?

You often see mobile ones in Gloucestershire but of course they move around. If all the mobile sites around here were on the database the thing would be beeping every mile or less.
In the case of the subscription site I mentioned the "database" is updated regularly. Apart from culling/adding POIs it ensures that duplicates are not present. Monthly prizes are given to new cam spotters.

All CSV files are editable...so the user can change POI's as required.

My experience of mobiles and the one that caught me down the M50/A40 one morning is that they are usually in the same place. I didn't have my Speedcam GPS aboard that morning.

I know its beep irritating sometimes but it keeps me from wandering over a speed limit in the knowledge that I could loose a licence within a day plus fines. Theoretically! And I can turn them permanently off.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

Where I live, they put online at the start of the week where the mobile vans will be :shock:
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Noddy1875 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:45 am Where I live, they put online at the start of the week where the mobile vans will be :shock:
Crikey !! Council or Police...or?

I often have one round the corner and about a mile up the road. Trouble is their camera good resolution range is likely at least 400 yds. If I don't have the beeps on, the general noise and nonsense that goes when driving would distract me from that bloody thing and I could easily slip over the speed limit...a bit. Its a slight hill and a corner toward it.

The CSV set I used was one of the my older PocketGPS files I had which did not have this cameras co-ords in it. Go to Google Maps/Earth, get the precise co-ords by pinning position, right click 'Whats Here' on placed pin...add co-ords revealed to file. Beep done.

Google Maps..Nissan SatNav:

The co-ordinates (POI's) used in CSV files for GPS are decimal and expressed as standard Lat/Long. The Nissan Connect SatNav wants those POI's in reverse ..Long/Lat. I can't be bothered to find out why.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

calnorth wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:28 am
Noddy1875 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:45 am Where I live, they put online at the start of the week where the mobile vans will be :shock:
Crikey !! Council or Police...or?

I often have one round the corner and about a mile up the road. Trouble is their camera good resolution range is likely at least 400 yds. If I don't have the beeps on, the general noise and nonsense that goes when driving would distract me from that bloody thing and I could easily slip over the speed limit...a bit. Its a slight hill and a corner toward it.

The CSV set I used was one of the my older PocketGPS files I had which did not have this cameras co-ords in it. Go to Google Maps/Earth, get the precise co-ords by pinning position, right click 'Whats Here' on placed pin...add co-ords revealed to file. Beep done.

Google Maps..Nissan SatNav:

The co-ordinates (POI's) used in CSV files for GPS are decimal and expressed as standard Lat/Long. The Nissan Connect SatNav wants those POI's in reverse ..Long/Lat. I can't be bothered to find out why.
It's the local speed awareness c**ks

http://www.saferroadshumber.com/safety-camera-sites/
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI