Nissan Connect - loading own POIs

ICE, Equipment, Options
mmghermanus
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by mmghermanus »

Just joined after taking delivery of Nissan Qashqai Teckna Diesel. My 3rd Qashaqi. Living in S Africa but thought that I would get better response from UK Forum. My problem is as follows:- I want to install my own POIs. I created an Excel Spreadsheet. Column A is Longitude, Column B is Latitude and Column C is destination name. Column A and B are formatted "Number". The Longitude is East and so is a minus figure. The figure is preceded with a single inverted comma (') in order for the minus to be accepted. Created a folder MyPOIs and within that folder is the Excel Spreadsheet saved as a Bitou River Lodge.csv. Folder loaded to Memory Stick. Navigation System started and Memory Stick inserted into USB slot. Go to Navigation, My POIs and Download. Nissan Connect recognises the file on the Memory Stick and loads to Navigation System. When you select file name (in this case Bitou River Lodge) I only get the following message - NO LIST ENTRIES. I think that I have done everything correctly especially as file is recognised and downloaded to Navigation System. Something obviously missing from the .csv file. Has anyone got any ideas as to where I have gone wrong as it is driving me potty????? Much appreciated Mike G

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

If of help I show extract of my weekly speed cameras update which I receive in csv format; this may assist with headings ;) Though columns here show no headings!

To load into Connect it has to be in this specific folder format on my usb stick;
First create folder called "myPOIs"
within above create another called
"mypoiwarnings"

In this folder goes the csv excel sheet.

Sometimes once inserted in usb socket Connect shows message prompting you to Download
. If this doesn't happen, do it manually via Connect menu, via navigating menu to My POI's,
then "Download" option.

The speed cameras then show on Connect map as you approach, and in Connect settings, you adjust
so there's firstly an audible alert at a distance you set yourself; a speed camera icon appears on the map.

format.JPG

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
mmghermanus
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by mmghermanus »

Thanks for the hints. The Nissan Connect Owners Manual does not show that the columns have to have headings just that A1 is Longitude, A2 is Latitude and A3 is name of location. The file created for POIs is just MyPOIs and then the sub folder within that is the POI name in .csv format. I don't understand what is meant by the error message "No List Entries". Does that refer to the Lat/Long because it picks up the name of the location but there are no details of Lat/Long with the location name and which is what I would expect??? The Connect obviously recognises the USB or it would not ask if you want to download POIs. Is something is obviously missing in the .csv file???