NissanConnect v2 vs Original NissanConnect

ICE, Equipment, Options
ian844
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ian844 »

Hello,

I've just upgraded my QQ to a 16 plate with the updated NissanConnect Sat Nav DAB etc unit. In my old 07 plate QQ I had my iPod connected in the glovebox all the time, and then, when I wanted to, I would listen to audio from my iPhone, be it Podcast or something, via the Bluetooth option on the Aux side.

Now in the new QQ, I get this message:

'BT Audio playback paused. Apple device is connected via USB and BT'

In order to play audio from my phone on Bluetooth, I have to unplug my iPod from the USB, which is a little annoying. What's even more annoying, the old system didn't work in this way! iPod was connected all the time, and bluetooth audio from phone would work fine.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this, so they just work!!

Thanks

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Because I'd had problems connecting my then phones with my Qashqai (I could only play tracks in sequential order), I merely loaded all my CDs onto a memory stick and popped that in - worked fine. No conflict.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I’ll second the comment by gloucester.
My music on a usb stick in armrest and daughter uses Bluetooth to stream from her iPhone. Works a treat.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I'll third the comment - using an ipod is merely adding an extra layer of complexity to it all. you can get 64gb USB sticks for a few quid, get one of those and copy all your ipod music onto that.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
ian844

Post by ian844 »

Hmmm. That’s a shame. The thing I can’t fathom is why it used to work with the old system, but not the new one...
Does anyone know why things might have changed?
JCM

Post by JCM »

I have recently had this problem!

Having used it trouble free for 21 months my phone suddenly stopped working via the USB, Bluetooth was fine. Yesterday Apple released an update to iOS 11.4.1 and voila it suddenly started working again. I was about to perform a full factory reset on my phone but luckily didn't have too.

For those that say it's easier to use the Bluetooth have you tried doing a comparison test on audio quality vs the USB? The difference in quality is quite noticable which is why I will always perfer to use the cable connection!
aussiebob

Post by aussiebob »

I have a '14 qashqai with an ipod permanently connected in the centre console with music loaded on it and have no issues also streaming audio from an Android phone with it still connected. Just need to hit the aux button again to cycle between them.
ian844

Post by ian844 »

Thanks Bob, that’s interesting to know. I’m guessing my issue is that both the devices I’m trying to use are Apple, so the Connect is getting confused and thinks they’re the same device...
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

ian844 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 am Thanks Bob, that’s interesting to know. I’m guessing my issue is that both the devices I’m trying to use are Apple, so the Connect is getting confused and thinks they’re the same device...
Have you seen the post two posts above? Try updating your phone to the latest IOS and see if that fixes it.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
ian844

Post by ian844 »

Hi Chris,

I have seen the post two posts above, but I didn't respond directly to it as I didn't feel like the responder had grasped my issue fully. As a side note, the software is up to date on both my iPhone and my iPod, but I don't believe that these are the devices at fault.

The first generation NissanConnect in my old QQ didn't have this issue, it's only in the new QQ with the second generation NissanConnect. I'm guessing that it was a rewrite of the code, rather than a copy from the old system, and they didn't give it the facility to identify multiple Apple device connections as different devices. Which is why I thought it was interesting that Bob was able to connect an Android phone via Bluetooth with his iPod connected, which is exactly what I want to do, but with an iPhone. I'm guessing people that have experienced this as an issue have just given up trying to find a solution; I thought this would be as good as place as any if there was a fix out there.

I also don't want to have to do the USB stick thing, I like the play count and playlists and all the other stuff associated with using the iPod...

Looks like it hasn't been resolved at the moment, thanks though

Ian