iPod playback issues

ICE, Equipment, Options
DianeJ
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by DianeJ »

Hi,
I’ve had my Qashqai for 2 weeks now and I love it, however I’m having an issue with the iPod, it’s plugged in to the usb to connect to the stereo, the system struggles to play the music, it takes ages to load up, stops and starts playing again, doesn’t show all the info on the screen and eventually the stereo just powers down and does a reboot, then it goes through the same process again, now my iPod has over 5000 tracks on it so I’m wondering if it’s just got too much on it for the sound system in the car to cope with.

I’ve tried different cables and an aux lead and the Bluetooth, they all seem to struggle one way or another. I have tried playing music via the usb on my iPhone and it didn’t miss a beat ( it has a less music on it ), so I’m asking the question is my iPod just to much for it?

It due to go back to Nissan soon the have the stereo taken out and sent off to be looked at, I don’t want this to happen, if my iPod is the cause.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

iPod would appear to be the cause. Its been discussed at length about 4 years ago on here. Best solution was to get all your music on a usb stick instead. Check out the search button at the top of the forum, youll find loads of info.
jammanuk2000
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by jammanuk2000 »

I have used an iPod Classic and iPod touch and both are a nightmare.

Some songs play, many dont. Its laggy when it does work and its not often.

Have no idea whether its the file types (I use apple lossless generally), or something else.

Very disappointing to not be able to use an ipod via USB. Will have to use a USB flash drive, but again, still got to convert everything to mp3 for that to work anyway.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Diane, next time you've a query, before starting new thread, please use FORUM SEARCH box in top left first.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D