Intelligent Emergency Braking

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Cliffyboy / Steamer, we have only a J11A and our system has operated correctly 3 times at present with no malfunctions.
Take a look at the attachments hopefully you have not seen them before related to the QQ J11B - Dave :D

Take a note at some of the comments, I would suggest you contact your Dealer and get the problems checked out under Guarantee :

83EF658E-9673-4DC7-80AD-C2893040C6BA.jpeg

54266274-F7BC-4BF9-9AFA-03483FAFCC52.jpeg

0556882C-035A-4267-9C88-A12CB56C40D8.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Beadle

Post by Beadle »

Itisperfect4u wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:16 pm Has anyone else had the red warning light illuminated and the brakes applied when there was nothing in front, behind, to the side or remotely anywhere near the car.
This has happened twice, not very pleasant.
This has happened to us twice in the past month, both times when my wife was driving (once in the dark). This was shortly followed by the battery running flat. The RAC man said that it was highly unlikely that the new Varta battery was at fault and gave it a boost from his van and, in light of the emergency braking fault as well, he said that the car needed to go back to the dealership immediately. I rang the dealer and the earliest they could look at it was 9 days later! Unfortunately, the car didn't last that long as the battery ran flat again 5 days later. A different RAC man declared the battery dead on the spot and fitted a new Varta battery to the car. The car still intermittently has the emergency brake warning flash up on the display, but no braking with it. Today the 9 days was up and the dealer looked at the car. Guess what? They claimed there were no fault codes, despite the RAC man downloading them and emailing me a copy, which I gave to the garage! I still have my copy of the faults. They said that they cannot fix a fault that they cannot replicate, so I'll just have to take my chances. All this on a 4 month old car with 3000 miles on the clock.
Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T Tekna+ 5dr Xtronic Hatchback Vivid Blue
kezzaa
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by kezzaa »

Hi all, I took delivery of my new QQ 1.3 Dig-T 140 PS yesterday and notice a strange problem. I am getting a flashing amber light on the dashboard (IEB light) but only on a specific stretch of road. ( a stretch of motorway on an incline that forms part of my daily commute ). It's early days so will monitor to see if it occurs in other road layouts before rushing it into the dealer ...but any ideas why this particular stretch of road should cause an issue ? (no traffic immediately in front of me).
Tekna 1.3 Dig-T PS140 Gun Metal Grey 2019 - 2021
Tekna 1.3 MH 140 Manual Ceramic Grey & Pearl Black 2022 ->
northernbeat
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by northernbeat »

I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that most of the so called driving aids on the qashqai are little more than useless,and in some cases dangerous gimmicks. One I particularly dislike ,and have disabled, is the blind spot monitoring.The difference in time between the warning light being off and coming on can be a fraction of a second, depending on the speed of the oncoming vehicle. While I realise that this is an aid not to be relied on entirely it is best ignored.
Michel81

Post by Michel81 »

I had it also a Few times (no break action) and i did go to the dealer with first maintenance check. They could see that it happend but could not find out why. They told me to keep an eye on it and if more faults come to book it in.
I had it last week again but it is not on a specific stretch of road. We do have here alot of snow the last few days so that could be a reason for the IEB system to get confused.
2015/2017 J10 Qashqai Connecta 360 black 1.2
03-2017/08-2018 J11 Qashqai Connecta Gun metal grey, designpack 10 year anniversary model. 1.2
08-2018 J11b Qashqai Tekna, design pack, led head lights, chestnut bronze, 1.2 Xtronic
Finland based
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

northernbeat,

You do realise the blindspot monitoring is for cars coming up from the rear, not approaching you from the front?

I have it on my QQ and it works very well, if anything it's oversensitive and indicates a car is in the blind spot when nothing it there. I'm happy it's oversensitive, rather than undersensitive.
northernbeat wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 am I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that most of the so called driving aids on the qashqai are little more than useless,and in some cases dangerous gimmicks. One I particularly dislike ,and have disabled, is the blind spot monitoring.The difference in time between the warning light being off and coming on can be a fraction of a second, depending on the speed of the oncoming vehicle. While I realise that this is an aid not to be relied on entirely it is best ignored.
northernbeat
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by northernbeat »

Yes Daewar i am quite aware that the blind spot monitoring is for traffic approaching from the rear. I probably should have said upcoming instead of oncoming. Problem is, if you are travelling at 50 mph and an upcoming vehicle is travelling much faster, say 90 mph, it will be out and in of the blind spot monitoring area (about 10 feet behind and to the side) in a fraction of a second. I'm just afraid that some might think it ok to change lanes or pullover just because the warning light isn't on.This could be disastrous.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I totally agree, its only ever going to work with close combat ; :twisted:
northernbeat wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 pm Yes Daewar i am quite aware that the blind spot monitoring is for traffic approaching from the rear. I probably should have said upcoming instead of oncoming. Problem is, if you are travelling at 50 mph and an upcoming vehicle is travelling much faster, say 90 mph, it will be out and in of the blind spot monitoring area (about 10 feet behind and to the side) in a fraction of a second. I'm just afraid that some might think it ok to change lanes or pullover just because the warning light isn't on.This could be disastrous.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Northernbeat, IMHO your comment is correct all the Flashing Lights, Sounds etc are “Warnings” but you still have to have your “Wits” about you so both work together at the end of the Day you are responsible. Just out of interest here is some Nissan Technology information on this BSW system (take a look at the Note in small print at the base of the sheet) - incidently I still have ours “ON” Dave 😉

11350FDA-25F0-4473-A5E1-C13087B11574.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

You shouldn’t be relying on the blind spot warning light, it’s best to listen for the audible warning, assuming of course you are using your indicators.