Bluetooth Settings>Volume won't hold non-default settings

ICE, Equipment, Options
viciousaloysius
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by viciousaloysius »

Hi, would appreciate some help/advice please , mainly if anyone else is experiencing this...

I have a 2015 Qashqai with a stereo unit (non-Connect - part number 28185-4CA0A). It’s a second-hand that was put in by the car dealer to replace a faulty unit when I bought the car in June 2018.

My issue is that it doesn’t seem to hold certain Bluetooth settings when the stereo has been turned off. In the general settings, for example, I’ve moved the bass/treble sound settings away from the default settings, and when I turn the car off then on again, it will have saved the levels I set.
However, when altering the Bluetooth settings (Volume>Ring, Volume>Call), it doesn’t hold the settings. The default settings are a bit quiet on incoming calls when ringing, and when on a call, so I increased the default setting levels. When I turned the stereo off, and then on again later, the Bluetooth volume levels had reset to the original default (indicator in the middle of the bar). It does this every time.

I’ve had it in to Nissan Doncaster and they say that this is normal, and matches comparable stereos they they tested against today. The car manual just gives details of how to adjust the settings - it certainly doesn’t say this will need to be done every time you turn the car on. Nissan Bradford suggested it might be the result of an update on the 'new' stereo, but the settings stayed where I put them on the original stereo (although there were other faults not related to this, hence why it was changed).

If this is correct, what is the point of providing a settings menu to alter the defaults? Has anyone else had this problem? It means having to adjust the ringer/call volume every single time I start the car.

Would appreciate any feedback, thanks.