J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

ICE, Equipment, Options
nikolakis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by nikolakis » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Hello all,

Recently I bought a Nissan Qashqai J11b (2018 model). The model that I bought is the N-Connecta.
What I'm looking for, is if it possible to replace the headlights with the ones of Tekna model (Signature LED Headlights with Adaptive Front Lighting System and Auto Leveling)?? Do you know if that is posible? Did someone has already tried this modification?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nikos


User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am

Re: J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by gloucester » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:36 pm

I don't recall anyone attempting that with the J11A and I suspect it would be expensive even if possible. Buy a Tekna instead...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07


nikolakis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by nikolakis » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:12 am

gloucester wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:36 pm
I don't recall anyone attempting that with the J11A and I suspect it would be expensive even if possible. Buy a Tekna instead...
Thank you very much for your response.
It seems pretty difficult to sell my 2 month Qashqai for buying a new Tekna one. It was my mistake that I didn't bought Tekna from the beginning..
But anyway If you also know if this modification is possible I really appreciate your help. :)


User avatar
Daewar
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by Daewar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:32 am

See if any scrap yards have any?
nikolakis wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:06 pm
Hello all,

Recently I bought a Nissan Qashqai J11b (2018 model). The model that I bought is the N-Connecta.
What I'm looking for, is if it possible to replace the headlights with the ones of Tekna model (Signature LED Headlights with Adaptive Front Lighting System and Auto Leveling)?? Do you know if that is posible? Did someone has already tried this modification?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nikos
J11A 2016 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.


User avatar
Gel
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: Thames Valley UK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by Gel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am

Don't know what country you're in, as you haven't included in your FORUM signature, but if in UK, plenty of on line vehicle breakers to check. Obviously a lot of QQ's on road here.
J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna; Chrome Pack, Bonnet Struts, Flaps, Blue Alloygators, SpeedLock,Door & Tailgate Sill guards/Decent horns/ Autoglym Lifeshine /19" Wheels


User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am

Re: J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by gloucester » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Not many J11b scrapped yet though...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07


nikolakis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by nikolakis » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Gel wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am
Don't know what country you're in, as you haven't included in your FORUM signature, but if in UK, plenty of on line vehicle breakers to check. Obviously a lot of QQ's on road here.
I'm from Greece where I haven't seen ever a Techna model (neither in the dealership nor in the road :( ..).


User avatar
gloucester
Posts: 636
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am

Re: J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by gloucester » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Is it really worth doing though. J11A headlights are over €500 each on eBay for just the light unit.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07


nikolakis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Re: J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by nikolakis » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:15 pm

gloucester wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm
Is it really worth doing though. J11A headlights are over €500 each on eBay for just the light unit.
Did you by chance seen also J11B headlights? Because I haven't found them until now.
Also, do I need only the headlights or more parts for using the adaptive headlights??

Thank you very much for your help.


Greg86
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:26 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

Post by Greg86 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Seems like a hell of a lot of cost and effort for very little gain.

Just get some decent led bulbs and make sure they are properly aligned.
2015 QQ 1.5 dci Ntec+
Nightshade
Team Heko wind deflectors
Hard wired Nextbase 212 dash cam
Gas bonnet strut kit
Debadged rear
Mud guards
LED strip lights in boot
PIAA dual tone horn
3D Gel numberplates
LED headlights


Post Reply

Return to “Electronic systems”