J11b Headlight replacement (Adaptive Lighting System)

ICE, Equipment, Options
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

nikolakis wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:15 pm
gloucester wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm Is it really worth doing though. J11A headlights are over €500 each on eBay for just the light unit.
Did you by chance seen also J11B headlights? Because I haven't found them until now.
Also, do I need only the headlights or more parts for using the adaptive headlights??
Your best bet for parts is a Nissan dealer.

There is this at eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Niss ... 2966412282 which sounds like it might be J11B (no pictures) but it's €1600 and collection only.

Then there's any other bits you need which no one knows what they are.

As I said before the sensible option is to sell your car and buy a Tekna.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

Yannis
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Yannis »

To be honest I have a new shape (2017-onwards) Tekna with LED headlights and don’t find them amazing. They don’t provide as much brightness as I would expect, and I get a lot of angry flashes from other road users who I appear to be blinding. They certainly look pretty fancy with the LED strip, but not worth spending a small fortune on, in my opinion.
As far as prices: I just sold a spare set I had for £550/pair. You will find them appearing more and more on auctions websites soon enough I would imagine, as they get rear ended etc, breakers etc.
nikolakis

Post by nikolakis »

Yannis wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:19 pm To be honest I have a new shape (2017-onwards) Tekna with LED headlights and don’t find them amazing. They don’t provide as much brightness as I would expect, and I get a lot of angry flashes from other road users who I appear to be blinding. They certainly look pretty fancy with the LED strip, but not worth spending a small fortune on, in my opinion.
As far as prices: I just sold a spare set I had for £550/pair. You will find them appearing more and more on auctions websites soon enough I would imagine, as they get rear ended etc, breakers etc.
Hi Yannis and thank you very much for your response. I have the same discussion also on Greek Qashqai Forum and their reply was that is not just a replacement of the Headlights. I will also need some extra ECU, cabling and a reprogramming. But the difficult part in this procedure is to find the "correct" auto mechanic for that kind of modification.
From where did you bought your spare part? Do you have part numbers or any link that you can share with me (even with pm)?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

This is the link to the lights I sold: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Qashq ... 2125934655
Obviously they are sold now so the item is finished, but you can see the photos and the part numbers on them.

I had got them along with a complete front end (bumper/sensors etc) as my Qashqai had a front end bang and needed repairs. They were much, much cheaper than Nissan wanted to charge!! I found them on eBay too (this is the item I initially bought: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-Qashqai ... 7675.l2557 ).

As far as electrical work: on mine none was needed as it was already the Tekna version, just damaged. I would think you may be better off like the previous suggestions mention to sell your one, and buying a Tekna instead of trying to retro-fit these lights. However if you can find a set on eBay and know of a motor electrician who you trust to do the work (and will need the diagnostic kit to re-program the ECU) then give it a shot! :)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I have a 2016 Tekna with LED headlights and find them fantastic, they even outdo the awesome BI_Xenon headlights on my previous Mini Coupe. They are so good, when it is foggy, using fog lights pointless. These lights also auto level and are far better than the manual leveling setting.

I agree about being flashed by oncoming drivers on occasion, but this is quite rare. I have even crested hills where headlights are always in the opposing drivers eyes & still not been flashed. So its mostly down to a drivers perception.
Yannis wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:19 pm To be honest I have a new shape (2017-onwards) Tekna with LED headlights and don’t find them amazing. They don’t provide as much brightness as I would expect, and I get a lot of angry flashes from other road users who I appear to be blinding. They certainly look pretty fancy with the LED strip, but not worth spending a small fortune on, in my opinion.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Daewar wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:55 am
I agree about being flashed by oncoming drivers on occasion, but this is quite rare. I have even crested hills where headlights are always in the opposing drivers eyes & still not been flashed. So its mostly down to a drivers perception.
or so completely dazzled they are in a state of confusion........ ;)
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

LOL, quite probably :lol:
MikeGC wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:04 pm
Daewar wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:55 am
or so completely dazzled they are in a state of confusion........ ;)
nikolakis

Post by nikolakis »

In case that someone found Bi-Led Headlights for sale can you please either reply to this thread or send me a pm?