Power supply for satellite locator.

ICE, Equipment, Options
maurov
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by maurov »

Hello everyone.
This is my first post and I hope to be welcome.
I apologize for my poor English.
I am the happy owner of a Qashqai 1.5 dci N-Connecta bought in August of this year.
I would like to install a satellite locator and on Amazon.it I found a product that seems to be good and cheap and with a fee of only 66 euros a year (for those interested it is at this link: https://www.amazon.it/TLOCK-Antifurto-S ... 973&sr=8-1).
I would like to install it by myself, inside the engine bonnet or inside the luggage compartment, but I need three cables to do it: a "positive wire", a "negative wire" and a positive wire "under manual ignition" (i.e. the start/stop button).
Where can I get them without damaging anything and with simplicity?
Does anyone have a simplified diagram of the electric system of my car?
I await your response.
Thank you very much.

mauro

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
maurov
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by maurov »

Wonderful!
I read the topic very carefully and it is a good starting point.
However, my device has a third input that must be attached to a positive power under the ignition key (start/stop button).
This is necessary for the locator to send a message to the user to warn that the car's engine has been turned on (and the car is probably going to move).
Is there a fuse among those that are in the box that has this feature, that is, it is powered only when the engine is running?
Thank you.

m
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

In my J11a model the cigarette lighter socket in glove box is only powered when ignition switched on
(& stays on for a short time after switch off), but the cigarette lighter socket in front of gear stick is on constantly;
however, I recall from another posting that on latest models the front cigarette lighter socket is now only live when ignition switched on.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D