Flashing headlights

ICE, Equipment, Options
buzzer1926
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by buzzer1926 »

I had this problem with my Qashqai, took it to my local supplying dealer who said they all do it, it’s supposed to do it!!! I explained that in traffic it looked like I was flashing the car in front, but they did nothing. Took it to another dealer and the took the alternator off sent it away to be load tested and it showed as failed. New alternator under warranty never did it again. Fantastic service and they’ve had my business since then.
Nissan Qashqai (J11) Pearl white

MSZT85
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by MSZT85 »

Where can I find the additional heatings relay?
MSZT85

Post by MSZT85 »

buzzer1926 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:33 pm I had this problem with my Qashqai, took it to my local supplying dealer who said they all do it, it’s supposed to do it!!! I explained that in traffic it looked like I was flashing the car in front, but they did nothing. Took it to another dealer and the took the alternator off sent it away to be load tested and it showed as failed. New alternator under warranty never did it again. Fantastic service and they’ve had my business since then.
The servicer will not recognize the fault of the generator. They do not want to change.
MSZT85

Post by MSZT85 »

I talked in the Nissan dealership with a seller. Who said there was a lot of trouble wiht the batterys. I should show the car because it can cause the bug. What do you think about it? Possible?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

In this case, probably not.
MSZT85 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:20 am I talked in the Nissan dealership with a seller. Who said there was a lot of trouble wiht the batterys. I should show the car because it can cause the bug. What do you think about it? Possible?
MSZT85

Post by MSZT85 »

They replaced the battery. It seems that the lights are no longer flashing. For 4 days the charge did not drop below 13.2V. But today I noticed that charging is now only 12.8V. The new battery voltage was 12.7V, now only 12.5V. But I think it will go even lower. I guess the flash will come back.
Now what's wrong?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I think this may be the alternator at fault or the sensing circuit on the battery that tells the alternator to start charging.

There is a thread somewhere that explains a hack for increasing the sensing circuit resistance, it puts the alternator into charge mode sooner, but this is not for you.

If the headlights start flashing you really need to go back to the dealer.
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

As buzzer1926 says they did a load test on there alternator and it failed, and after replacing said alternator the problem is no more then I would say that says there problem which looks very must the same as yours points to the alternator.
I would be demanding they test my alternator.
Replacing the battery may be a short cure as you say the voltage of your new battery has now dropped which is standard for any battery, the extra boost of a new battery may well of helped feed the extra power needed to prevent the fluctuation for a short period.

Push the dealer to check the Alternator or take it to a different dealer and make a point of mentioning the alternator may be the problem, you usually find most dealers are like robots and work on words you say.
Mention battery and they go straight for battery.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
duncho

Post by duncho »

Ask dealer to reprogram IPDM, there is newer sftw released which address this issue caused by excessive load while PTC is active.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Amin

Post by Amin »

My Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Tekna DCI headlights flickering and no power. Does anyone know what the problem is? It can't be battery can it? As the lights are flickering even without the car being switched off.