Start stop battery coding

ICE, Equipment, Options
Ger14

Post by Ger14 »

I need to replace the start stop battery on my 1.6dci. From what I have read it I need to reset the battery counter in the ecu. Is there any way of doing this without the Nissan software? Can it be done by resetting the ecu via the ignition?
2012 Qashqai+2 1.6dci - 4 wheels and an engine, white, leather, bose, panorama roof, Germany

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You don't need Nissan to recode the battery, anyone can do it with the right software & tools. I would imagine any re-map companies can do this for you. I know the RAC in the UK can because they did it when my battery was flat & changed under warranty.
Ger14 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:05 am I need to replace the start stop battery on my 1.6dci. From what I have read it I need to reset the battery counter in the ecu. Is there any way of doing this without the Nissan software? Can it be done by resetting the ecu via the ignition?
Essexeddie

Post by Essexeddie »

I had to change my battery after I couldn't start one morning. I was informed by the local trusted factors that I needed a special stop start battery at a cost of gulp £200. Wow, I said was it really necessary. He said if you don't you will have electrical problems. Well I must say I have been having problems with my parking censers also stop and start going haywire. The man said that a new battery may well sort out the problems. He gave me a discount and I paid £150. Low and behold all the problems disappeared.
By way I changed it myself. I connected an old battery to the terminals to keep the voltage in the system. All works fine.
2014 Tekna J11 DC1 CVT Automatic, also a 1955 Chevrolet 3100 pickup truck.
Dragstar
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Dragstar »

Just Changed my battery on My J11 No Need For Coding as long as your fitting Like for Like With correct Amp Hr And Cold Cranking amps, i shopped around local battery suppliers plus two local Nissan dealers, Both Nissan Dealers were Cheaper i Purchased mine (Wait for it) £82.00 now that's what i call a Snip of a Price so Don't always count them Out and was a Nissan battery solved all my errors popping up.
Last edited by Dragstar on Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Qashqai Accenta Premium 1.5DCI, Gunmetal Paintwork, Crossover Pack, Pan Roof,Bonnet Strut Kit, sidebars, and a Bit of Chrome :D
2011 Audi TT Quattro Roadster Volcano Red (Pearl}
2012 Vauxhall VXR GTC Arden Blue
2012 Vauxhall GTC 140 SRi
Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

I had my battery changed back last April. When I drove away from battery shop I had no indications on dash and thought I might have to visit dealer.
However, after a few miles it corrected itself and no issues since. The average L/100 Km reset itself to zero and started off fresh, no big deal there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.5 dci 2014.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual