Start stop system error issue

ICE, Equipment, Options
Pedro500
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Pedro500 »

When I had the RAC man to inspect the car few weeks ago, he told me the car had a new battery fitted last year, according to his computer record. I am not happy with the car.

As well as the new fault with stop/start, the car often does not recognise the smart key, even when the dealer changed the battery which can be really annoying as you just want to drive off, when you get into the car. In addition, the auto box sometimes is too slow to speed up, staying in low gear, it feels as though the car has stalled.

Now I expect the dealer will ask me to take the car back to them and leave it there for a day for the stop/start fault, but the dealer is quite far away, when I bought the car, as it was the top spec model and the right colour.

I am considering if I could reject the car, and get my money back.

daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

Only just seen this thread. I have a 2015 Qq 1.6 auto which had the same problem, stop/start fault, then cruise control and speed limiter would not set. Took mine to my local Nissan dealer and they diagnosed faulty battery which was replaced under warranty, then also had to have a new air intake sensor and oxygen sensor fitted, all under warranty. It might be a bit late for you as you have already bought a new battery but the guy at my dealership told me that Nissan are aware of a huge batch of faulty batteries but couldn't do a recall as they didn't know which cars they were fitted too, so were replacing them under warranty as and when they came up. Although I guess your car was out of warranty it might be worth having a word with Nissan to see if you can claim anything back for the duff battery which was on your car.
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Mark bragan

Post by Mark bragan »

Hi have had my 65 plate teckna for 3 years now from brand new ! Lovely car but it let me down last year , when we had beast from east .
Previously in November it went in for usual service and told them about stop/start fault on display , they said they would look into it ! .
They said it was a low battery so they charged it I think ! This was a major Nissan dealer by the way ! . Picked the car up everything fine and the start/stop actually work not done so for weeks prior . It was fine till end feb 18 , then it came back until it left me stranded in works car park in -5 ‘c .
RAC said new battery , he fitted it and I was fine ! Now this morning 19/01/19 those words have came up again stop/ start fault !
There is so many similar reports about this problem that Nissan should take action !