Start stop system error issue

ICE, Equipment, Options
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

My 14 plate suddenly started showing STOP/START System Fault every time I started it up this week. Took it to ATS and they did a comprehensive test on the battery and then gave me the bad news = BATTERY FAILED. Cost me £175 for a new one with all the faults cleared. Took him longer to reprogram and clear faults than it did to actually swap the battery over.

Could probably have got it done cheaper elsewhere but I didn't want to risk leaving it whilst I phoned around and got booked in + ATS is right near my house and had one in stock so very convenient.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

What brand did they fit as matter of interest?
Probably even cheaper at Nissan dealer, or I'm sure RAC would have fitted & coded to car for less £££££££

HALFORDS charge from £25 to fit/ code New car battery such as this.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs ... gJKRPD_BwE#

YUASA is a good make battery:
"Yuasa YBX7 car batteries are designed for start/stop vehicles.
They have very high cranking power compared to conventional car batteries and will last for approximately 270,000 starts."

My QQ of similar vintage and on some cold mornings I get STOP/ START error message, but always starts up fine. :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Dragstar

Post by Dragstar »

I've just purchased my battery from a Nissan Dealer £82-00 no Further Issues now Works Fine.
2014 Qashqai Accenta Premium 1.5DCI, Gunmetal Paintwork, Crossover Pack, Pan Roof,Bonnet Strut Kit, sidebars, and a Bit of Chrome :D
2011 Audi TT Quattro Roadster Volcano Red (Pearl}
2012 Vauxhall VXR GTC Arden Blue
2012 Vauxhall GTC 140 SRi
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Is this with fitting and coding?
Dragstar wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:56 am I've just purchased my battery from a Nissan Dealer £82-00 no Further Issues now Works Fine.
Dragstar

Post by Dragstar »

Daewar wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 pm Is this with fitting and coding?
Dragstar wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:56 am I've just purchased my battery from a Nissan Dealer £82-00 no Further Issues now Works Fine.
I Fitted Battery myself no coding req, Battery purchased was same spec.
2014 Qashqai Accenta Premium 1.5DCI, Gunmetal Paintwork, Crossover Pack, Pan Roof,Bonnet Strut Kit, sidebars, and a Bit of Chrome :D
2011 Audi TT Quattro Roadster Volcano Red (Pearl}
2012 Vauxhall VXR GTC Arden Blue
2012 Vauxhall GTC 140 SRi
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Dragstar wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:00 pm
If you’ve only just fitted it then I suspect you’ll start to have problems with it sooner than you think!
Deleted User 3871

Dragstar, It is highly recommended you get the battery re-coded as you will most probably be overcharging it. Recoding is not just about what brand/model/capacity is fitted, but also the condition and life.

Here is a link to a site that explains a lot about Battery Management Systems (BMS) and in particular State of Health (SOH) Determination.

https://mpoweruk.com/soh.htm#history

What is the SOH?

The State of Health is a "measurement" that reflects the general condition of a battery and its ability to deliver the specified performance compared with a fresh battery. It takes into account such factors as charge acceptance, internal resistance, voltage and self-discharge. It is a measure of the long term capability of the battery and gives an "indication" not an absolute measurement, of how much of the available "lifetime energy throughput" of the battery has been consumed, and how much is left. Using the automotive analogy, it can be compared to the "odometer" display function which indicates the number of miles travelled since the vehicle was new.

enjoy
Dragstar wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:00 pm
firestarteruk

Post by firestarteruk »

Ok, all fixed so ill fill you in on all this so that maybe if someone else has the issue then at least it might help. The real issue here was the DPF, something I was unaware of and I suspect many will also be. When the Orange engine light came on apparently according to Nissan I should have run the car on the motorway at 70 MPH in forth gear for 20 mins. This would then burn off the particulates. This then would have stopped the Red engine light coming on a few days later where the filters were now clogged. So the errors I had up, the Orange and Red engine lights and the Start/Stop system error and the disabling of the cruise was all confusing. Those last two errors on the dash were just about the car switching off certain functions. I did get an error meter for £9 off ebay that in the end told me exactly what was wrong. By this time I was already clogged and booked in with Nissan. The car Manual does not give you any detail on this aspect. So it went into Nissan and they did the clean for £150 this included oil and filter which they say is usually advisable. Who was I to argue, I wanted my car fixed. It now is, and running fine. So it didn't need a new battery, all it needed was a thrash up the motorway to heat and burn off soot. I hope this helps others.
Pedro500

Post by Pedro500 »

Hello there,

New owner here for the second gen model; 2015 plate CVT petrol model.

For the last few days, I have been having stop start fault message appear on my dashboard. It does not happen all the time just in odd days. The journey are long congested roads. The came with the Nissan warranty and it's only 3 months old.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Deleted User 3871

Take it back to the Nissan Garage, its under warranty. Nothing more to say.
Pedro500 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:02 pm Hello there,

New owner here for the second gen model; 2015 plate CVT petrol model.

For the last few days, I have been having stop start fault message appear on my dashboard. It does not happen all the time just in odd days. The journey are long congested roads. The came with the Nissan warranty and it's only 3 months old.

Any advice greatly appreciated.