DPF Forced Regen - OBD tool - recommendations

ICE, Equipment, Options
Nickmick0
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nickmick0 »

Hi all,
Just joined this discussion to vent my spleen on Qashqai dpf issues.
Same ole same ole.....turbo inlet pipe split on the wife’s Qashqai on the M25, RAC picked her up, discovered the pipe broken and brought her and car home. He said he would email me the fault codes he’s found but suspects it’s a DPF issue.
Like many, I don’t really trust any form of garage/main dealer or else so, as I have mechanical experience (prior to cars becoming computers) and decided to google it as you do and did the following.....
Dropped the exhaust front pipe (DPF) at the manifold and hey presto! It runs so, we have established there is an issue with the dpf. Up ended the pipe against the wall and covered 10mm vacuum pipe and poured boiling water into one end...nothing came out the other end, tipped it up tried the other way round and nothing so, got the compressor out and blew the water out to dry and refitted to the car.
Nope, won’t work.
Paid 200 Nicka for a mobile cleaning fellah to flush it. Total con and didn’t work either.
Went to eurocar parts and bought the aerosol spray in the sensor pipe hole in the hope it may do something, nope.
Have been trying to start it for the last 3 hours and guess what? Starter motor now burnt out.
Dpf is 600 quid and nothing is certain so I’m stuck with this completely,utterly horrible,unreliable pile of junk parked on my drive.
So, from a simple turbo inlet pipe replacement we now have multiple problems caused by this pipe which, is (in my view) a poor design and badly flawed and why? It’s not flexible but it moves at one end and fixed solid at the other. Don’t take a lot of working out so, how the hell did this retard at Nissan come up with this? And the pile of (expletive language) it’s fitted to?
Advice: if you got one and it works, sell it. If you got one and it don’t work, Park it up the road somewhere, leave the key in it, remove all belongings and walk away calmly and feel the stress leave your body as the distance between you and it gets further.
OR, best of luck because you WILL need it if you have one.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum! :)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Daewar wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:10 pm I don't understand all the in's and outs, but its to do with fuel getting into the engine oil. This is from Honest John

DPFs also have an 'active' cycle where additional fuel is injected into the combustion chambers to create hotter than normal exhaust gases to burn off particulates in the DPF. However, this does not always work, particularly if the car has done a high proportion of short runs from cold starts and instead of burning off the particulate the extra fuel can instead find its way into the engine sump, contaminating the lube oil and sometimes leading to such a rise in sump oil level that the engine can start to run uncontrollably on its sump oil and will self-destruct.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/diesel ... e-filters/
Mr_o_uk wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:46 pm
goodoane wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:10 pm None of the cheap OBD2 scanner will do a Force Regen of the dpf. You have to know that after every forced Regen you have to change the oil and oil filter.
Why do you have to change the oil? What can a forced Regen do to it?
It’s my understanding that the J10 version of the diesel QQ utilises the first form of active regeneration, hence an oil change is recommended if a forced regen is done. The J11 uses the second form of regeneration where the additional fuel is injected further along the exhaust system to burn the soot in the dpf, and as such no fuel should find its way into the sump.