Speed cameras

ICE, Equipment, Options
humbos
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by humbos »

Hello I was wondering if someone might help me I have installed correctly the speed cam database points of interest and looking through the settings on my connect 3 I can see that they are on the system but they are not alerting me I have got my beep control set 2 on and my distance set at 250 yards is there any other settings I am missing is it possible that I have to show points of interest on the map settings because that is the only thing that I haven't done if so are my points of interest visible to be set. many thanks
2018 j11b Tekna 1.5dci in storm white.
All standard apart from Transend dashcam.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

It's a very quiet beep at best and a satnav icon also shows on map. I understand that on newer models they no longer supply satnav
database. You'd need to find a source of the data. I use the weekly updated one from:+http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.p ... orum&f=151
Compared with stand alone satnavs the sound & image on Nissan's Connect is way below standard.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
humbos

Post by humbos »

Thank you for the reply but before I invest in the Pocket GPS database which I intend to do I am testing the unit with the free speed camera database I know I must be doing something wrong do you know if there is a setting for show points of interest for the speed cams the car is not with me at the moment so I am unable to have a look I am aware of the quiet beep and the symbol in the bottom right of the screen it used to work ok when I had version 2 mapping with the Nissan supplied fixed camera database
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Humbos,

You do realise that if you don't break the law regarding your car speed, then you don't need any speed database, detectors etc. Its really quite simple "Kill your speed, not a child"

humbos wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:19 am Thank you for the reply but before I invest in the Pocket GPS database which I intend to do I am testing the unit with the free speed camera database I know I must be doing something wrong do you know if there is a setting for show points of interest for the speed cams the car is not with me at the moment so I am unable to have a look I am aware of the quiet beep and the symbol in the bottom right of the screen it used to work ok when I had version 2 mapping with the Nissan supplied fixed camera database
humbos

Post by humbos »

I don't come on this site to be lectured to by people who I do not know please try to keep your comments relevant to the question that I asked or alternatively go and troll somewhere else
Last edited by humbos on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David56

Post by David56 »

Daewar wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:17 pm Humbos,

You do realise that if you don't break the law regarding your car speed, then you don't need any speed database, detectors etc. Its really quite simple "Kill your speed, not a child"

Why just a child, surely it should apply to anyone or anything!!!!!

humbos wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:19 am Thank you for the reply but before I invest in the Pocket GPS database which I intend to do I am testing the unit with the free speed camera database I know I must be doing something wrong do you know if there is a setting for show points of interest for the speed cams the car is not with me at the moment so I am unable to have a look I am aware of the quiet beep and the symbol in the bottom right of the screen it used to work ok when I had version 2 mapping with the Nissan supplied fixed camera database
Qashqai 1.3 auto 160bhp Tekna plus in Vivid Blue.
Now gone after 10 months from new.
humbos

Post by humbos »

I don't come on this site to be lectured to by people who I do not know please try to keep your comments relevant to the question that I asked or alternatively go and troll somewhere else
Last edited by humbos on Fri
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Here, here :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D