Sensors

ICE, Equipment, Options
Stubob89
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Stubob89 »

Hi folks,
I've used the search function before I posted and only found 1 thread which only touched on the matter, I have a 68 reg qashqai which I took delivery of on September 1st and I've stumbled upon something which I'm really struggling to get clarification on so please only comment if you have accurate info as trading standards and the motor ombudsman are involved.
I ordered a brand new qashqai in early August and for all I knew that's exactly what I got until a few weeks ago, me and my stepdad ordered one a few weeks of each other. While cleaning both the cars (I'm a detailer by trade) I happened to notice that the front badges which contained the sensors are different, i have the trapezoid and he has the round one, and my tyres are also dot coded 2017.
My issues is that the trapezoid sensor, as far as im aware, is a 2017/67 MY sensor and my tyres are already 18 months old which means I've been sold an older car with previous gen specs equipment and I've paid 18/68 money. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this and what they did? Also does anyone else no how to find a build date of the car by using the vin.
My step father has the round badge and dot coded 18 tyres, now aesthetically I'm not overly bothered but it's the fact that the trapezoid sensor doesn't have pedestrian detection and the new round one does, so technically I'm paying more for less with out being informed.
Any help or info regarding this would be a great help as if I've been sold an old stock car without my knowledge there going be a hell to pay.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stu, this subject has been raised before regarding the Nissan Front Grill Form. Please find attached the Post which might help answer partially the question - Dave 🤨

Do you have a Broschure to look at as possibly you need to double check by checking the Specs as you have not mentioned which Models you both have hence my question on the comparison.
There have been warnings by many of us on the Forum of Dealers getting rid of their old stock with old Specs. If you have “17” marked on Tyres that sounds suspicious as surely Stocks cannot be that high and the QQ must be old and has not moved.
It looks like you have some questions and answers to get from your Dealer.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6430&hilit=New+J11B#p55520

Just as an example these two pics are shown on the Website UK Spec :

35BFB67B-3F7D-4C98-801E-2F0F2F88F067.jpeg

46D9C5AB-F718-4D27-9623-EBAEDA899048.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stu, if you have time then these 3 posts might also help you both to understand what has changed on the QQ J11B Model, At the end of the day it could get confusing, but if you are in the game it will be easier - Dave 😊

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6747&p=57541&hilit ... +QQ#p57454

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6816&p=57974&hilit ... tes#p57974

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7097&hilit=Qashqai+Changes#p59925
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum!

You haven't told us what model(s) are involved.

First question - are the two cars you're comparing EXACTLY the same model? Including the engines?

If so what is it? If not what are they?

It is a known fact that different models have different badges as noted above. This is even clear looking at the Nissan brochures.

Second question - have you looked at all the date codes? Most plastic components on a car have date codes on the concealed side. Whilst they won't tell you when the car was built they will say when the components were made and hence it can't be prior to the latest date.

Third question - I don't know of a VIN decoder for Qashqais which gives the exact build date (http://en.vindecoder.pl/ doesn't) but how do the two cars compare - are they significantly different?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stu, I thought I had already raised this point regarding which model, type etc but the question has come again 🤨

Please give this website a try as it definitely works with our VIN No. all the facts from it are as given initially from Nissan and all the facts are correct related to our QQ. It does appear though that there is NO Nissan Sunderland Production build date just it appears the Registered Date on the road - Dave 😉✅
Anyway give it a go it might help you - hopefully : https://www.vindecoderz.com/
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

As Gloucester has also mentioned actual Build Dates do not show up, you might well have to ask the Dealer as usually there is a Production No. List which isgenerated when you order a QQ. This actually gives the build progress of the QQ but I think when I saw this it was only available to the Dealer & Nissan. The Dealer can normally follow the QQ production progress - Dave :)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:12 pm Anyway give it a go it might help you - hopefully : https://www.vindecoderz.com/
I put my Qashqai VIN in and it came up with 2014 - I'd have thought a car registered to Hertz in June 2015 would have been a 2015?

OFF TOPIC continuation

I thought I'd try my Ignis - it came up with:

Manufacturer: Suzuki Japan
Brand: Suzuki
Model: Swift
Engine: N/A
Region/Plant: N/A
Check: S
Year: 2005
Sequential number: 05346
Approx. mileage: 178,997 km

Trying the Polish site I linked to earlier seems OK for my Qashqai but suggested my car was a Suzuki GMC!

https://www.autodna.com/ says it's a Suzuki Grand Vitara!

https://www.vindecoder.net/ knows it's a Suzuki but can't decipher the model and tells me the VIN is wrong!

https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder/Decoder says my car is a Suzuki Motorcycle !?!?! and also that the VIN is wrong (it's not - I've checked)

https://vindecoder.eu/ says it's a Kawasaki !?!?!

Seems like they all leave a little to be desired...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stu, this is the number (Fahrzeugcode = Vehicle No.) I was mentioning just found it on the original order. This is what the Dealer used when I pressed him for a delivery, although in the end we got a cancellation for earlier delivery - Dave 😉
Sorry the facts are in German ! :

DAFE40F2-8804-4F32-8C21-AF07326F902F.jpeg

Stubob89

Post by Stubob89 »

Hi all
Thankyou for taking the time to reply, Sorry for the lack of details I knew I'd forget something, they are both 1.2 n-connectas with the exact same spec apart from a glass roof so in theory you'd expect the same, i also did check the search box before commenting as I kow how annoying repeat posts can be but it only fetched up one post so nothing I can do there.
They apparently lost the keys to my original order and had to supply me with a different vehicle from a Northwich branch which I also found very suspicious as I'm sure it would of been more cost effective to just order new keys and get the techs to open the door so I did find that add but they assured me there was absolutely no difference in vehicle.
I have tried a few vin decoders and they all come up 2014 which this clearly isn't but I will try the ones above just incase I get better success.
I did mention it at the dealer ship and he was "confident" that I had the older spec and then proceeded to question me what my end game was, which again roused my suspicions as to why.
I'm not fussed about looks as i do like the trapezoidal shape but the technical capability of the part has to be the same otherwise they've done a shady trick and flogged me old stock without me knowing and not to mention old tyres, seems petty but you expect new when specifically asking a for a "new" car.
Think a letter and anither trip to the dealers is in order.
I do really appreciate the help folks
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Got mine march 17 had just came into dealers as underseal was still tacky and smelly also check the stamp on top of battery mine made at the start of feb 17...david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car