I can't switch off my paired mobile telephone

ICE, Equipment, Options
allanr
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by allanr »

I recently paired my new mobile phone to my Quashai.

I can set up a call OK but can't switch it off from the console, this means my radio is locked so that I can't receive my radio or play a CD. The only way to unlock the console is to switch off my ignition .

With my three previous phones which were paired to my car I didn't have this problem.

Any suggestions please?

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Not familiar with that QQ model but with any software driven device when things get silly:

System Reset... and pair/unpair again to check satisfactory functioning
Update system software...same pairing procedure above. If update available?

After that it may be a visit to a bona fide Nissan dealer?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

When you say can't switch it off, do you mean can't hang up a phone call? Have you tried pressing the phone button on your steering wheel - try a quick press, a long press or a double press. All 3 of those send a different bluetooth function, it's possible one may be hang up.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Also - if it's a newer android phone, go into your call settings and there's a "Power button hangs up call". Make sure this is turned off.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
allanr
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by allanr »

Many thanks for the various suggestions. Just to mention when I said I couldn't switch it off I meant I couldn't hang up the phone regardless of whether it was via the radio console or the controls on the wheel.

I finally resolved the problem, firstly I unpaired my phone and secondly restarted the paring process from scratch.

In doing this it became obvious I didn't fully read the instruction book and looks as if my phone first time round was only partly paired with my car. However having followed the instructions to the book my phone is now correctly paired and can hang up via both my radio console and the wheel control.