Audio system cutting out 2014 reg

ICE, Equipment, Options
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

JohnDavid wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:05 pm I know it’s a very late reply, but there’s been some progress....I had the diagnostics done at the dealer at a price of £109 and they did the update ‘free of charge’. I questioned the diagnostics fee with Nissan Customer Services and argued the fact why I shouldn’t have to pay and I’d like it refunded. They emailed to say I wouldn’t be getting a refund. I reluctantly accepted this decision but was happy the fix was done. Fast forward a few weeks, I get an email from Customer Services to say I’d be getting a refund of the £109. No reason why they overturned the decision, but I’m still awaiting a response. Obviously very happy with the decision. For those with the same issue, keep on complaining...it helps them to admit the problem is theirs and a fix shouldn’t have to come out of the customers pocket. 💪🏼
Looking at the diagnostics that relate to the headunit there is nothing there that will test the Radio/AV/GPS and related processing. This is in regard to the unit crashing (hang ups/reboots) as any computer might. The headunit contains a microprocessor or what is better known as a chipset for D to A handling. Periodic errors here are not recorded as far as I can see. So cannot be traced back to low level events occurring. This is a software controlled system that needs software updating in most instances...and is free in most cases I have seen on this site. A good will thing.

IMO they wasted time and your money running the minimal tests that are listed in diagnostics. Good they repaid though.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

Hamstar1991
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Hamstar1991 »

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for your help I have a 1.6 dci tekna that has had the audio system rebooting itself after reading everyone's messages I rang nissan CS in total 3 times and live chatted to them they sent an email to say the dab system upgrade is free of charge after my nearest dealership tried 3 times to charge me, but I stood my ground and showed them the proof that it's free.

It's had the system upgrade and it's all working great so I would like thank everyone