Audio system cutting out 2014 reg

ICE, Equipment, Options
suzie_que100
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by suzie_que100 »

Anyone else having an issue with their audio system? My 2014 Qashqai audio system keeps cutting out, for around a minute at a time. Whether I'm using the radio, CD or phone. The system akso reboots itself sometimes too. I rang my garage who said I'm the 3rd person to complain of this issue and Nissan are due an update on it.
Any ideas??? Cheers

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Susie, just enter in “Search” - “Audio System Cutting Out” for example and a load of old posts on this problem will pop up, take a read might be of help - Dave 👍
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
suzie_que100

Post by suzie_que100 »

Cheers
Angi500

Post by Angi500 »

I'm having the same problem with mine. It's 3 yrs 5 months old. Whole system crashes and then eventually comes back on. Very frustrating on any journey as it does it quite often. Took it to the dealer who did a software update at a cost of £57. However made no difference so took it back again for diagnostic. Was told that the system can not be fixed and will need to be replaced at a cost of £3000!!!!
I was later informed that the dealer had contacted Nissan and as a gesture of goodwill they would pay 50% of it. Obviously it's only just out of warranty, so with a bit more of foot stamping, I'm now waiting to see if Nissan will come back with a better offer. The dealer suggested that Nissan replaces the system and I pay the Labour, so I'll wait and see. If I don't get any joy I will lodge a complaint with Nissan as I've had the car from new and had all the service history etc, I certainly didn't expect this to happen so early on.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Angi500, welcome to the Club we had this problem in 2017 where the radio or whole system would crash after a couple of minutes and then work again. I told our Dealer that I had no confidence in the QQ and they liased with Nissan who wanted checks, software changes etc etc. in the end I just refused and asked what is with a New Connect System, within a day one was delivered and installed, never had a problem since. Cost stated on the Bill was €4500 which I did not pay as it was under Guarantee - Thank God Dave 😉

Just a Tip : photograph the Problems regularly, write notes of when and what etc. it does help when you need to get NCS involved, facts speak a lot 🧐
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Angi500

Post by Angi500 »

Thanks Dave, fingers crossed they come back to me with some positive news. Not quite sure how I can photograph a blank screen though, but a good idea. Thank you. Angi
suzie_que100

Post by suzie_que100 »

Angi500 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:52 pm I'm having the same problem with mine. It's 3 yrs 5 months old. Whole system crashes and then eventually comes back on. Very frustrating on any journey as it does it quite often. Took it to the dealer who did a software update at a cost of £57. However made no difference so took it back again for diagnostic. Was told that the system can not be fixed and will need to be replaced at a cost of £3000!!!!
I was later informed that the dealer had contacted Nissan and as a gesture of goodwill they would pay 50% of it. Obviously it's only just out of warranty, so with a bit more of foot stamping, I'm now waiting to see if Nissan will come back with a better offer. The dealer suggested that Nissan replaces the system and I pay the Labour, so I'll wait and see. If I don't get any joy I will lodge a complaint with Nissan as I've had the car from new and had all the service history etc, I certainly didn't expect this to happen so early on.

I have found that changing my radio to FM has fixed the problem! Keep the radio option on FM, and regardless of what function I'm using (blue tooth, radio or CD) it hasn't cut out once and I changed this a few days ago. My car is booked into Nissan for a diagnostic (£140!!!) in a few weeks, so I'll see how it goes until then.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Can I suggest that you check your antenna ?

My partner has a new Micra, she's had terrible problems with her DAB.
Boils down to the wrong antenna.
My QQ antenna has a dab of red paint on the end of the threaded section. Hers doesn’t and the dealer are supplying a replacement.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Suzie Que100 - i think ur right. Just had a journey with no cut outs when usually there would be 4 or 5 on the same journey.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
GeorgeB

Post by GeorgeB »

My 2015 QQ has a similar problem. The sound cuts out for 30 seconds whether I am using the radio, bluetooth, Cd or memory stick. The screen stays on however and never reboots. Some days it never happens and others it will happen every minute. It's going in for a service next month and the dealer is charging £120 for a diagnostic check.
GeorgeB