Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
drewk1
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by drewk1 »

New unit fitted yesterday and all ok so far.
Touch screen now works better as well.
They found a fault with the battery and replaced that as well.

Chatting to the service guy he said that Nissan were working on a fix and they have been advised to tell customers to wait for it
as they were sending units back and not finding any hardware issues.
2024 Qashqai MH Tekna

chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Monty89 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:20 am I got my used Qashqai a few weeks ago. The day after I got it I noticed the media system kept cutting out. My music would just go silent but the track was still playing. Then after about 5 times the system would switch itself off and back on again. Which isn’t great when you are using sat nav and then have to re-enter your destination.
Anyway I spoke with where I purchased the car from (not a Nissan dealership) who told me to take it to Nissan for diagnostics and they’ll cover all the costs. I took it in just over a week ago and was told it was a software update which they had completed so should be fine now. Within 5 minutes of leaving them it was doing the same thing. So I had to book it in and today was the day I took it in. Went to book in and they said they’d had an update from Nissan and they were unable to do anything for me. Nissan has instructed them not to do anything with any car that had this problem as it was “something in the atmosphere causing it”. I’d never heard such a lame excuse in all my life. Even the dealership were laughing at their excuse!
So I had wasted my morning driving half an hour each way to them to be told nothing could be done.
Apparently at the moment Nissan aren’t replacing the units until they’ve sorted what’s causing it. Simple it’s faulty! My car is just over 3 years old and is ok of warranty. But I know friends who’ve had the same issue in even younger cars.
I’m shocked at the way Nissan are dealing with this. It’s clearly a major fault with their systems.
I’m waiting for Nissan to contact me regarding the complaint and the dealership have added my car to a list who are all suffering the same problem. They’d got 4 booked in just today!
Anyone got same excuse from Nissan?
Laughable, except for the fact it really *is* something in the atmosphere causing it. Think it was traced to some transmitter in Dover sending some signal which the Connect firmware couldn't cope with.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Mercer79
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mercer79 »

I took mine in for a software update under the extended warranty due to the rebooting issue. When I arrived the manager told me this was a worldwide issue affecting thousands and that the update would fail but they had to go through the process anyway to tick a box. The update duly failed so they removed the whole unit there and then and sent it to France (I believe the manufacturer is Clarion). After 5 weeks of a gaping hole, no radio, no satnav, no phone system, no phone charger and even being unable to put the poxy clock forward an hour for BST in March, it was finally reinstalled last night. It made it a whole 24 hours before the problem started again, I’ve been out for a 30 minute drive this evening, the radio just cuts and the whole system rebooted itself 4 times. Pissed off is an understatement!! :(
zezinho

Post by zezinho »

My Nissan connect unit has been removed now for nearly 3 weeks, driving around with a whole in the dash with same issues, with no set date of return.

I was told originally by Nissan customer services it would be back by 2-3 weeks but having rang them up this week they now state 5-6 for a return.

Plus they state these units appear mostly to be OK in terms of hardware and are just being returned because the solution may be a software update once they discover the exact problem. According to Nissan this problem is also happening with BMW and Mercedes...so we are in good company! I was promised an update by Nissan customer services, 48hrs later - nothing. They really have no clue what's going on presently and my unit starting malfunctioning back in November 2018.
DTGStrong

Post by DTGStrong »

Nissan are well aware that there is a serious malfunction with the Connect unit. They are "working on fixing the issues" according to Nissan Aylesbury, but have no date for issuing upgraded software/firmware -mine started malfunctioning about a month ago.
Problems reported by many owners include satnav rebooting and losing destination settings, radio randomly cutting out and no DAB tuning. The problem seems to be exacerbated if anything is plugged into the USB port and/or if a phone is paired using Bluetooth.
Apparently "many thousands" of vehicles are affected but there seems to be no sense of urgency by Nissan to get the issues sorted! Amazing given the scale of the problem that the motoring press have not yet reported on it!
DTGStrong

Post by DTGStrong »

Nissan are well aware that there is a serious malfunction with the Connect unit. They are "working on fixing the issues" according to Nissan Aylesbury, but have no date for issuing upgraded software/firmware -mine started malfunctioning about a month ago.
Problems reported by many owners include satnav rebooting and losing destination settings, radio randomly cutting out and no DAB tuning. The problem seems to be exacerbated if anything is plugged into the USB port and/or if a phone is paired using Bluetooth.
Apparently "many thousands" of vehicles are affected but there seems to be no sense of urgency by Nissan to get the issues sorted! Amazing given the scale of the problem that the motoring press have not yet reported on it!
JoyM

Post by JoyM »

Bought from Glyn Hopkins Colchester with warranty for one year. Not worth the paper it’s written on! 5 x 50 mile round trips to have it seen to only for the problem to carry on. Now been sent to France for the third time whilst I have a big hole in the dash. Been going on since December and keep being fobbed off because I’m just an old woman . So frustrating. I will never have another Nissan.
Latest is ‘waiting for a software patch ‘
I just don’t know where to go next as Nissan care care throw it to Glyn Hopkinds and Glyn Hopkins throw it back 😩
Is anyone going to the motoring ombudsman? Is it worth it?

DE6DC602-4F8E-4EBA-A926-F08F41FB84F6.jpeg

AC981FE5-957C-458A-AC2D-EB74E3BF3704.jpeg

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I'd say that Glyn Hopkins Colchester fail under UK Consumer Law and so does Nissan UK. There is a distinct fault that relates to the build of the unit and which fails diagnosis/repair. Nissan appear to supply the same defective unit both at production and at replacement. It is truly Junk!

By the look of it you need to contact local Trading Standards for advice and in particular to recover your money and the costs of inconvenience to you. After that the best idea is to fit one of the Android devices that are described on this forum.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
eelspace

Post by eelspace »

chrisw99 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm
I have turned off traffic announcements/updates in the settings and, touch wood, it hasn't cut out or rebooted since.
How long since you turned them off? Basically how long have you not had an audio drop for? Because if it's been like a week or more then it must have fixed it surely because mines dropping out every few minutes nowadays! If I turn those settings off and it doesn't drop out for a couple of days I'll think the problem has gone.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

eelspace wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 pm
chrisw99 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm
I have turned off traffic announcements/updates in the settings and, touch wood, it hasn't cut out or rebooted since.
How long since you turned them off? Basically how long have you not had an audio drop for? Because if it's been like a week or more then it must have fixed it surely because mines dropping out every few minutes nowadays! If I turn those settings off and it doesn't drop out for a couple of days I'll think the problem has gone.
To be honest mine hadn't done it at all for 5 weeks since I updated the firmware to D554. It was doing it daily before that. I have turned TA back on for a drive down south recently, and it has happened once in the last few days.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T