Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
crazyapple
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by crazyapple »

qqdriver wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:06 pm Good video crazyapple. Demonstrates the problem clearly. Even though I haven't tried music etc over bluetooth, the exact same happens on our 15 plate QQ with DAB radio (see my post above). Loses audio (msg on screen says station is unavailable) for a very similar amount of time as you, then after a few times reboots/resets with nissan logo. I think it has also happened with CD and FM radio too, which we use much less. I was wondering if it happens to you too with just radio and/or CD?
Yep, absolutely exact same thing happens with DAB radio for me too. I am going to test with CD and USB. Will update the thread soon.

I think my TA is switched off, but will double-check.

zxe

Post by zxe »

oh dear, i have a 2017 model, and it does the something, more when i use the sat nav, but the radio does disappear at times. I am wondering as i have a warranty still if it worth going back to them, but if its not the firmware, then as some one said above whats the point of replacing a part that may also be faulty. i will mention this thread to Nissan, as i was looking to upgrade to a 69 plate when they come out
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

zxe wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:33 am oh dear, i have a 2017 model, and it does the something, more when i use the sat nav, but the radio does disappear at times. I am wondering as i have a warranty still if it worth going back to them, but if its not the firmware, then as some one said above whats the point of replacing a part that may also be faulty. i will mention this thread to Nissan, as i was looking to upgrade to a 69 plate when they come out
Is your car a 17 or 67 plate. The 67 plate being the Facelift version

The DAB radio will cut out occasionally due to low signal quality...but the unit should not reboot and show the start up NISSAN logo

If you mention this thread do it by email or letter.

Colin
Last edited by calnorth on Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Dazcabs66
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Dazcabs66 »

For me it happens on radio, Bluetooth phone, cd and usb.
gcmatthews

Post by gcmatthews »

About two months ago my 64 plate 1.6 dci started having same problems, DAB crashing, system rebooting back to Nissan screen. It is now happening every 10 minutes and it is driving me mad. It wasn't like this when I bought it, it is a recent thing. What is the attitude of dealers to this problem?
zxe

Post by zxe »

calnorth wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:34 am
zxe wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:33 am oh dear, i have a 2017 model, and it does the something, more when i use the sat nav, but the radio does disappear at times. I am wondering as i have a warranty still if it worth going back to them, but if its not the firmware, then as some one said above whats the point of replacing a part that may also be faulty. i will mention this thread to Nissan, as i was looking to upgrade to a 69 plate when they come out
Is your car a 17 or 67 plate. The 67 plate being the Facelift version

The DAB radio will cut out occasionally due to low signal quality...but the unit should not reboot and show the start up NISSAN logo

If you mention this thread do it by email or letter.

Colin
Its a 2017 model Tekna, before the face lift, the Satnav went off 3 times the other day, rebooted the system. I can except the DAB may go off, but doing the same route day in and out should not cause it. Thanks, i will send them a copy of the thread.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

gcmatthews wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 am About two months ago my 64 plate 1.6 dci started having same problems, DAB crashing, system rebooting back to Nissan screen. It is now happening every 10 minutes and it is driving me mad. It wasn't like this when I bought it, it is a recent thing. What is the attitude of dealers to this problem?
They know there's a problem but it's out of their hands and is down to Bosch to fix the software.

Have you got the latest D554 firmware? Earlier versions seem much more prone to it.

I was getting it daily, upgraded to D554 2 months ago and it hasn't happened since. Some people find it still happens.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
jclancy4

Post by jclancy4 »

Am I relieved to hear all the comments above. I thought I was the only one suffering this hugely irritating problem. SatNav rebooting, music cutting out, etc all discussed above. Very dangerous, especially at night when the unit flashes at you when rebooting in the dark. First time it happened I nearly veered off the M4 Motorway!

I have a 2015 Tekna and this problem raised its ugly head in December 2018. The dealer were puzzled at first but then decided that a complete new head unit was needed. I would not recommend this option to anyone. I trusted the diagnosis and went for it paying half of the costs, with Nissan footing the other half. Turned out to be a complete waste of a helluva lot of money and time as two months down the line the new head unit is showing the exact same symptoms.

It's quite unbelievable really and I'm totally fed up with this. I'm loyal to Nissan having purchased three of their vehicles on the trot. I don't think I want a fourth after all of this hassle and expense.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

jclancy4 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:54 pm Am I relieved to hear all the comments above. I thought I was the only one suffering this hugely irritating problem. SatNav rebooting, music cutting out, etc all discussed above. Very dangerous, especially at night when the unit flashes at you when rebooting in the dark. First time it happened I nearly veered off the M4 Motorway!

I have a 2015 Tekna and this problem raised its ugly head in December 2018. The dealer were puzzled at first but then decided that a complete new head unit was needed. I would not recommend this option to anyone. I trusted the diagnosis and went for it paying half of the costs, with Nissan footing the other half. Turned out to be a complete waste of a helluva lot of money and time as two months down the line the new head unit is showing the exact same symptoms.

It's quite unbelievable really and I'm totally fed up with this. I'm loyal to Nissan having purchased three of their vehicles on the trot. I don't think I want a fourth after all of this hassle and expense.
As it's turned out the issue is software not hardware and due to external radio signals, will you be able to have a case to get your money back for what you spent?
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
RedFraggle

Post by RedFraggle »

Same issue in my 15 plate dci Tekna. Had the software update. Tried turning off traffic announcement and the sat nav voice to no avail. I noticed today on a 7 hour journey that it seems to cut out when the sat nav zooms in. Turned the map zooming off and it was ok for the last 2 hours. Hopeful..... expecting to be disappointed. If it's location related I'd suggest the whole of the UK is "the location". I've had this issue as far north as Glasgow, east as Lowestoft, south as Gosport. It's certainly not isolated.