Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
pappaslim
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by pappaslim »

Hi folks

I have a 64 plate Acenta. From the date I received it back in February I had the audio cut out - CD, DAB, Radio, Bluetooth or cabled. Interestingly when my iPhone XS is connected (bluetooth or cabled) and the audio cuts out, looking at the phone screen, the play counter still ticking away. It bothered me at first but then not so much. But when the head unit started to restart at random times (when it comes back on it is on the audio input at engine start) that started to get my goat. Its a real pain if using SatNav.

Took it to Nissan in Southampton and was told that they were aware of the issue and that a software update should resolve it (they did say that is may not resolve the issue). Booked in & paid £50 for them to update the firmware (it did change - I don't have the version numbers to hand but it jumped some way).

On way home from garage it restarted again - :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was in the same garage recently enquiring about some body work and the chap in the service department told me, when I mentioned the issues with the Connect Unit that Nissan had confirmed to all dealerships that they 'are aware of the fault and are working to issue software update to resolve for all owners'. The chap said that it would be free - as if a software recall type issue would be.

No idea when it wold be fixed but at least it sounds like the issue has been acknowledged!

MkQQ2019

Post by MkQQ2019 »

Having the same issues myself and having contacted nissan customer services I received the following response:

Good afternoon,

I am writing in relation to the case which you have raised regarding the Connect unit on your Nissan.

We are currently investigating the possible cause surrounding the unit failure, including potential external factors.

It is a priority for us to find a resolution as soon as possible, and we hope to provide further information in June regarding a fix.

The update will be relayed to all our customers as soon as it has been received.
Nichola
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Nichola »

I have been having a problem with my radio CD and sat nav for months.
Finally been told it's a wider issue with DAB. Wont be sorted for possibly 3 weeks time as Nissan are working to make a new program.
That's it. I have had my Sat nav disappear on journeys making some situations very tricky when having no clue where to go. Very distressing while driving.
I am paying for a vehicle and service I'm not getting
Not happy.
Had no indication by letter that this was a problem.
A few months ago I was just told it just need a reboot.
Come on Nissan your dealing with people not just machines. Wheres your customer care.
paul1109

Post by paul1109 »

So is everyone submitting complaints to Nissan? If not then suggest you do as the more complaints hopefully the more likely/quicker they will be to provide a fix. I sent them a message via their customer services page.
Silver Tekna 1.6 DIG-T 65 Reg
pete284
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by pete284 »

My 2018 Qashqai has just started doing this in the last two weeks. I have now registered a complaint to Nissan via the website.
HighlyFizzable

Post by HighlyFizzable »

Clear your Bluetooth App cache.

I had this problem and it was an android phone issue. Cleared cache and it stopped; when it reoccurs, wipe the cache again.

Go to settings.
Go to apps
Show system apps
Go to Bluetooth
Force stop
Wipe data
Wipe cache.
Restart phone.

Hope this works for you.
paul1109

Post by paul1109 »

So Nissan replied to my service request and that they are aware of issue and working with the radio manufacturer to provide a solution. Apparently a Nissan dealer can remove the DAB aerial connection to resolve the issue, no mention of what it will cost and also I use DAB radio all the time so it won't be happening.

They will let me know when it's been resolved so looks like a waiting game for now.
paul1109

Post by paul1109 »

So today got another email from Nissan saying they're looking at all the issues with the system including 'external factors '

Apparently they will let us know about progress in June.

Fingers crossed
Wendybc

Post by Wendybc »

I have had the same problem with my Nissan Qashqai for over a year now, it started not long after we bought the car and advised Nissan, it was under warranty and they tried to update the software, that didn't help. As time went on, it became worse and we took the car back in to Nissan, still under warranty and they agreed that they would order a new connect unit. After chasing them for a couple of months and being told that the unit was on order, they phoned me to say that the unit was to be repaired instead and that a new unit had never been ordered. After much complaining, I finally agreed to have the connect unit sent away to be repaired and had to drive around with a big empty hole in the dash for 2 weeks. I was called to have the repaired unit re-installed and assured that the problem was all fixed. After leaving Nissan with the repaired unit in my car, it cut out 7 times on my half hour journey home. I called them when I got home to advise them and they said they would assign me to a case manager who would deal with problem and call me with 2-3 days, I didn't receive any call, after calling Nissan several times I finally received a call from the case manager who told me that Nissan have no idea what to do about this problem. He sent me out a Tom Tom to use but it still doesn't help when there's no music in the car and the screen flashing off and on as it cuts out and then tries to connect again. It's really dangerous when driving at night as it flashes on and off and is very distracting when trying to concentrate on the dark roads. I have had enough. I was asked to wait for 4-5 weeks for Nissan to sort out the problem which we have done and still nothing. This needs to be taken further. I think there are enough people out there with the same problems and we need to team up!
robo78

Post by robo78 »

I've read this thread with some interest. I've had my qq for a few months. The Connect head unit has never worked properly - experiencing all of the cutting out issues described in this thread. I've complained to Nissan and had the exact same anodyne response pasted above.

I found it so annoying, I just had to do something about it. The issue is clearly effecting a large number of vehicles but I reasoned that it can't be all the qq out there or it would be getting much more coverage. I bought a used Connect head unit from a breaker and swapped it into my car - I can confirm for certain that the replacement (older) unit does not cut out and works perfectly (subject to the security issue I'll mention later).

The unit I removed is a Bosch LCN2K70800 G1 made in 2017

The unit I have replaced it with is a Bosch LCN2K70800 A5 made in 2015

I have updated the software on both units to the most recent available and they appear to by physically the same. I hope that by posting this information, someone who knows more about the detailed differences in these units may be able to identify the root of the problem - but my experience seems to suggest it is a hardware issue rather than software.

Unfortunately I don't particularly suggest swapping for a used unit as I have done as a route to solving the problem... the used unit isn't cheap and once installed it then has to go to a dealer to be paired with the vehicle in order to work properly (this can be bypassed on a temporary basis which allowed me to fully test the replacement unit - which has worked without cutting out for more than a week). Nissan quoted me £150 to pair the vehicle with the replacement unit. Having already paid for the unit I decided it was too expensive. I've decided to sell both my connect head units and install an aftermarket android unit instead as this will actually end up cheaper...

Hope this is helpful to someone...