Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I presume this will get rolled out to all cars as part of normal servicing or when they're next in, but they'll be reluctant to be offering this for free and taking up time/space unless particularly needed.
Mine happens so infrequently since D554 and being "up north" that I can wait till the next service.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

mikesmorris
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mikesmorris »

you are fortunate chrisw99 ! mine now cuts out or re-boots every few minutes making satnav useless and audio so irritating it stays off mainly. Nissan are saying (and possibly doing) the right things at last but dealers in my area seemingly don't want anything to do with fixing it - perhaps they also don't want to service my car or sell me a new one in the future - meanwhile I am a bit stuck unless Nissan puts pressure on the dealers. Nissan if you are reading this please have a word with your Surrey dealerships about customer relationships and satisfaction ...........
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

mikesmorris wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:19 pm you are fortunate chrisw99 ! mine now cuts out or re-boots every few minutes making satnav useless and audio so irritating it stays off mainly. Nissan are saying (and possibly doing) the right things at last but dealers in my area seemingly don't want anything to do with fixing it - perhaps they also don't want to service my car or sell me a new one in the future - meanwhile I am a bit stuck unless Nissan puts pressure on the dealers. Nissan if you are reading this please have a word with your Surrey dealerships about customer relationships and satisfaction ...........
Are you on what was the latest D554? Mine was cutting out every few minutes when I was on D302, and D554 stopped that and it only reboots now when I venture south.

Whereabouts do you live?
mikesmorris

Post by mikesmorris »

Am in Surrey - where dealers don't want to know! am on the original D302. Apparently my local dealer was offering at one time to upgrade to (presumably) D554 but said it was pointless as it didn't solve the problem. Now I guess dealers here are so swamped perhaps they have decided not to co-operate with Nissan to do the latest fix. Bizarre situation where the maker is saying the customer can have the fix for free but the dealer won't do it! .......... Nissan please read this - it will ultimately reflect on your reputation not just the dealers'
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

mikesmorris wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:55 pm Am in Surrey - where dealers don't want to know! am on the original D302 ... Nissan please read this - it will ultimately reflect on your reputation not just the dealers'
Suggest you call Nissan CS and make them aware. Dealers are their local representatives.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

It might be helpful if Nissan was asked for the update specifications of the D series software (D302/D554 etc). Whats being addressed by each issue on the upgrade path. If its simply cosmetic changes then the DAB/Reboot events will remain.

This is simply sound transmission...not TV, so the radio is dead simple and its processing software..old hat! (CD audio bit stream)

I'm rather suspicious of Nissan saying the stop/reboot problems arise because of transmission data changes by the broadcaster(s). OK DAB+ exists but I don't believe thats in UK...yet. If DAB+ was running here there would be an enormous problem with other radios/ICE failing.

Most if not all DAB radios sold in UK now or in the last 2 years are DAB/DAB+ compatible. Enables the manufacturer to sell the same radio into Europe and UK/elsewhere
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

mikesmorris wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:55 pm Am in Surrey - where dealers don't want to know! am on the original D302. Apparently my local dealer was offering at one time to upgrade to (presumably) D554 but said it was pointless as it didn't solve the problem. Now I guess dealers here are so swamped perhaps they have decided not to co-operate with Nissan to do the latest fix. Bizarre situation where the maker is saying the customer can have the fix for free but the dealer won't do it! .......... Nissan please read this - it will ultimately reflect on your reputation not just the dealers'
I think one problem is that the dealers only get given 1 or 2 USB sticks to upgrade the cars. And they tend to upgrade the cars that are in for a service anyway.

Bringing one in specifically for the update is the worst possible thing for the dealer - it ties up the USB stick so it can't be used for the other cars in for services, and presumably one of their service bays where they have to put the car with it's engine running and hazards flashing for an hour. If it was a warranty issue, Nissan UK would foot the bill and recompense the dealer.
mikesmorris

Post by mikesmorris »

Supplying dealer has now relented (this afternoon) and agreed it book it in for software update. apparently because I am on the original D302 it needs to be upgraded twice (!!) so I can see it is a pain for the dealer but it is much more of a pain for the poor frustrated user........ of course they can't (won't) do it for a month so Nissan's assurance that rectifying the problem is a priority is a bit of a laugh. I don't really understand the comment about warranty. Nissan has accepted that it is in effect a manufacturer's issue and their letter makes it clear that the customer doesn't pay - I would be most surprised if N pay the dealers for the cars that are timewise in warranty but not for the ones that are out of warranty.
Stueyg87
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Stueyg87 »

Just got my car back from local Nissan dealer. Software has been updated to D605 :)

It still didn’t seem like staff had a clue as the person who I spoke to this morning when handing it over started asking about the cost of everything. It was until I pointed out that it was all to be done for free because of the issue that they backed down.

Let’s see how it goes, there was no cut outs on the way home which was a positive
puffingbilly

Post by puffingbilly »

I have today received the letter from Nissan asking me to make the appointment with my chosen dealer. Have now spoken with Westover Nissan in Salisbury who still appear to be in denial. Having referred them to this forum in the past and again today they say that it's only people's opinions and not something they can take notice of. Three times I read out to them the sentence "please be assured that your Nissan dealer is fully informed of the solution and ready to install the software update free of charge ....." and it's eventually booked in for 9th July but only on condition I bring the letter with me as proof (!!!) that Nissan UK have authorised the work. The letter from Nissan says once the work is done they will make contact to discuss any aspects I may wish to raise. Clearly the appalling attitude displayed by my local dealer and, to judge from this thread, others in the UK will be top of my agenda.