Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
RedFraggle
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by RedFraggle »

Dealer rang yesterday to advise that it's £53 to have the temporary fix of disconnecting the DAB antenna. Cancelled the appointment and reverted to Nissan as follows:
Dear Nissan
Following your email I booked my car into my dealership (Alexanders Nissan, York) for today to have the temporary fix implemented.
They telephoned me yesterday to inform me I would be charged £53 for this as my car is out of warranty.
I object to this on the following basis:
The fault is a national issue.
The fault is not related to the age of my vehicle.
My vehicle has full dealer service history and all software upgrades have been implemented.
The fault renders my sat nav not fit for purpose.
My expectation was that any fix temporary or permanent would be implemented at Nissan's cost and not mine.
I have cancelled the appointment and advised my dealer I would revert to yourselves.
Please advise further.

mikesmorris

Post by mikesmorris »

seems that Nissan't customer service is inconsistent to say the least. My formal reporting of the fault on the Nissan website received an auto acknowledgement but otherwise zilch so far (about 2 weeks ago) - I am getting useful feedback from other members on this forum but Nissan hasn't yet deigned to talk to me at all. Dealer has offered a software update at no charge but I am wondering if I would be better off to ask them for the DAB disconnect instead as the software doesn't seem to be the issue ? appreciate any thoughts please. I am out of warranty! Thanks Mike
zxe
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by zxe »

mikesmorris wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 am seems that Nissan't customer service is inconsistent to say the least. My formal reporting of the fault on the Nissan website received an auto acknowledgement but otherwise zilch so far (about 2 weeks ago) - I am getting useful feedback from other members on this forum but Nissan hasn't yet deigned to talk to me at all. Dealer has offered a software update at no charge but I am wondering if I would be better off to ask them for the DAB disconnect instead as the software doesn't seem to be the issue ? appreciate any thoughts please. I am out of warranty! Thanks Mike
I got the auto acknowledgement email, then another with a number, it might have gone in to your spam folder. As other have said now Nissan are writing to people.

My worry is that they keep saying its software, when systems reboot its because there is a hardware problem like over heating, so i am intrigued as to what this software update will do.
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

mikesmorris wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 am seems that Nissan't customer service is inconsistent to say the least. My formal reporting of the fault on the Nissan website received an auto acknowledgement but otherwise zilch so far (about 2 weeks ago) - I am getting useful feedback from other members on this forum but Nissan hasn't yet deigned to talk to me at all. Dealer has offered a software update at no charge but I am wondering if I would be better off to ask them for the DAB disconnect instead as the software doesn't seem to be the issue ? appreciate any thoughts please. I am out of warranty! Thanks Mike
Tweet them, they'll listen then
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

zxe wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:57 pm My worry is that they keep saying its software, when systems reboot its because there is a hardware problem like over heating, so i am intrigued as to what this software update will do.
I think it has to be software. I got the car in April 2017. I've been listening to DAB since then. It only started going crazy since past 6 months or so. So something must have been distributed in some software update. That's what I personally feel.
Marley

Post by Marley »

Hi I have been informed by my Nissan dealer that they have been told not to do any further software updates as they are not working. A new one is on its way and i have joined the waiting list, although they are unable to say how long this will be - this was about 3 weeks ago.
mikesmorris

Post by mikesmorris »

just received following from main dealer who had agreed to do software update. I then suggested the DAB aerial disconnect. This is their today's advice ...........

"Honestly the disconnection of the DAB cable is also not working. We have tested it on a few customers vehicles and they are still having the problem of the whole unit cutting out.

It's up to you whether you would like us to remove the cable or just leave the radio as it is, till Nissan can come up with a viable solution."
mikesmorris

Post by mikesmorris »

latest from my dealer. I am surprised the number is not greater! Never again Nissan ..........Is there someone out there able to provide a useable alternative unit at a sensible price? there is a huge market!

"From my understanding there are nearly 800 cases regarding this issue, therefore Nissan are inundated with complaints. Please bare with them, as soon as they hear anything they should be in contact. Also If I hear anything I will let you know."
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Just had a weekend down south. Hadn't really happened much in the last couple of months since I did the software update, but started doing a lot when near the south coast. Then stopped again once I was on my way back.

So the theory that the signal that is causing the crash is originating in Dover could well be true.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
mikesmorris

Post by mikesmorris »

It sounds bizarre but come to think about it I had only random re-boots until returning from France via Dover about 3 weeks ago. now reboots every few miles making use of satnav impossible and radio crashes every few minutes apparently independently of satnav reboot. Is this a 2+2=5 scenario? Is anyone at Nissan listening? I still can't get any response beyond an auto-ack to email. I am getting so annoyed I will be off to a non Nissan dealer very soon except they probably won't touch my 1.2DIGT with a bargepole in partex............