Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
drewk1
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by drewk1 »

The software upgrade was from D502 to D554.

The cars goes back in two weeks for a new unit under warranty.

If this does not cure it I'll be back on the phone to Nissan.

They have already given me a free service for all the running back and forth to the dealer.

Fingers crossed.
2024 Qashqai MH Tekna

Cdny
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Cdny »

Bought mine on Wednesday and I'm having the exact same issue. My dealer seems pretty useless and I am still waiting for a call back about it.

Software is D302 not sure if this is the latest version or not?
zezinho

Post by zezinho »

Latest software is D554. Ring up Nissan customer services and tell them what's going on. Formally complain. They know about this, very common. At the very least they should update the software.

Nissan want to remove my unit to investigate it.
Cdny

Post by Cdny »

Downloaded and installed D554 had a drive around for an hour. All seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed.
suzie_que100

Post by suzie_que100 »

Angi500 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm I suggest you get it back to your garage straight away. My QQ is 3 years 5 months old and therefore out of warranty. My whole system crashes, whether it be the sat nav radio phone or CD. Its been in for a software download at a cost to me of £57, made no difference. Took it back again and been told I need a new unit at a cost of £3000!!!!
So I'm waiting to see if Nissan come back to me with another offer as far as I'm concerned reading through these posts, it seems to be a big problem. Though no one has come up with a solution :shock:

I have the exact same issue! Nissan Qashqai 2014. Took it to Nissan last week for diagnostic and software upgrade, £120 for the pleasure and still broken. Quoted £650 to recondition my audio unit or £3300 for a new one.
Went back to Nissan today and was told on Mon 1st April 2019, they got an email from Nissan ADMITTING the issue is theirs. Admitted there is a signal interfering from Dover and it's mucking up the whole units. They are currently testing different radios and when they have a fix , will email the dealers. They will not do a recall and write to the owners. I was told to call them every 2x weeks to see if the fix is ready, if so they will fix it for free. My dealer said he refused to book mine in for repair and I should wait for the fix!!!
zezinho

Post by zezinho »

Update: Agreed with Nissan on Monday (01/04/19) to have my unit removed and inspected by the manufacturer.

Therefore, now driving around with a big hole in the dash waiting for a resolve on this matter...about 2 weeks. Don't know what the outcome will be. Also had to pay for new AirCon condenser, apparently I had an accident...
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Cdny, is there any change to the interface? Colours, onscreen buttons etc?
Cdny wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:19 pm Downloaded and installed D554 had a drive around for an hour. All seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed.
Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

Daewar wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:34 am Cdny, is there any change to the interface? Colours, onscreen buttons etc?
Cdny wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:19 pm Downloaded and installed D554 had a drive around for an hour. All seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed.
No noticeable changes at all.
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
Monty89

Post by Monty89 »

I got my used Qashqai a few weeks ago. The day after I got it I noticed the media system kept cutting out. My music would just go silent but the track was still playing. Then after about 5 times the system would switch itself off and back on again. Which isn’t great when you are using sat nav and then have to re-enter your destination.
Anyway I spoke with where I purchased the car from (not a Nissan dealership) who told me to take it to Nissan for diagnostics and they’ll cover all the costs. I took it in just over a week ago and was told it was a software update which they had completed so should be fine now. Within 5 minutes of leaving them it was doing the same thing. So I had to book it in and today was the day I took it in. Went to book in and they said they’d had an update from Nissan and they were unable to do anything for me. Nissan has instructed them not to do anything with any car that had this problem as it was “something in the atmosphere causing it”. I’d never heard such a lame excuse in all my life. Even the dealership were laughing at their excuse!
So I had wasted my morning driving half an hour each way to them to be told nothing could be done.
Apparently at the moment Nissan aren’t replacing the units until they’ve sorted what’s causing it. Simple it’s faulty! My car is just over 3 years old and is ok of warranty. But I know friends who’ve had the same issue in even younger cars.
I’m shocked at the way Nissan are dealing with this. It’s clearly a major fault with their systems.
I’m waiting for Nissan to contact me regarding the complaint and the dealership have added my car to a list who are all suffering the same problem. They’d got 4 booked in just today!
Anyone got same excuse from Nissan?
Irdaze

Post by Irdaze »

I'm having exactly the same problem, just took mine in last week and they said it needed updating..... Even though I'd checked the version I was on was the latest. £60 later worked for 2 days, then back to exactly the same. Its a joke! And they said its not covered by my extended warrenty!