Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
mikesmorris
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mikesmorris »

hi all. one of the suggestions made in this forum was to have a DAB only station as the first preset (KISSTORY was suggested). It doesn't work for me and it doesn't work for a friend who has the same issue with a 15 plate QQ. Back to the drawing board. Please Nissan if you are paying any attention to your frustrated customers get this infuriating defect sorted !!

RedFraggle

Post by RedFraggle »

I'm having the temp fix of disconnecting the DAB antenna next Thursday. It's free and takes 30 minutes.
It'll be a pain but I can listen to DAB by Bluetooth from my phone. It'll at least help inform Nissan.
Will report back.
zxe
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by zxe »

zxe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:53 pm
Jonnyoner wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm I’ve just had an email from Nissan Customer Services asking for my address so they can write to me with an outcome ‘shortly’.

Be interesting to see what the letter says?
Ok i will fire of an email to them, quoting this site and what they have say
Note i sent an email to the one above and got nothing back so far
zxe

Post by zxe »

Update
Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services.

We can advise a temporary solution for the head unit issue has now been provided to Nissan dealerships and a permanent fix is due to be available soon. This temporary fix is free of charge. We advise to contact your local Nissan dealership to book the vehicle in for the free temporary fix appointment. We can also advise once the permanent fix has been made available, a case manager from our head office department will be in contact with you. We apologise for an inconvenience this may have caused.

So disable DAB, hummmm
Jonnyoner

Post by Jonnyoner »

zxe wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:07 pm Update
Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services.

We can advise a temporary solution for the head unit issue has now been provided to Nissan dealerships and a permanent fix is due to be available soon. This temporary fix is free of charge. We advise to contact your local Nissan dealership to book the vehicle in for the free temporary fix appointment. We can also advise once the permanent fix has been made available, a case manager from our head office department will be in contact with you. We apologise for an inconvenience this may have caused.

So disable DAB, hummmm
Not really a fix is it? It’s not a million miles away from ‘just switch it off and it’ll stop happening’....
pete284

Post by pete284 »

I had a phone call from the Project lead of this fault at Customer Service Nissan UK after complaining on their facebook page. After explaining my problems and referring him to this forum thread and videos on Youtube he confirmed my problem was the same. He admitted several thousand cars are affected, and there is a software fix that has been made by the manufacturers.

He said they were stress testing it under several conditions to make sure that it is a 100% fix, but is hoping that the fix will start rolling out over the next few weeks to customers who have registered the fault.

He said Nissan will also be offering a "gesture of goodwill" to customers affected by the fault , and at the moment this is the priority project at Customer Care....so if you have not registered your fault with Nissan do so now via their website.
paul1109

Post by paul1109 »

I've had the email too to say they need my address to write to me, look forward to what they are going to do.

At least is sounds like they are getting close to a proper fix, hopefully.....
Silver Tekna 1.6 DIG-T 65 Reg
crazyapple

Post by crazyapple »

Birmingham dealer last Fri told me that they can offer to disconnect DAB for now, which should stop system from crashing. Nissan are aware of the issue and are working in a software update which should be available by Aug hopefully. I can get my car back in once the update is available. They will then reconnect my DAB and update the software. I've gone ahead with this approach. So far no system crash over Bluetooth or USB.
zxe

Post by zxe »

pete284 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:51 am I had a phone call from the Project lead of this fault at Customer Service Nissan UK after complaining on their facebook page. After explaining my problems and referring him to this forum thread and videos on Youtube he confirmed my problem was the same. He admitted several thousand cars are affected, and there is a software fix that has been made by the manufacturers.

He said they were stress testing it under several conditions to make sure that it is a 100% fix, but is hoping that the fix will start rolling out over the next few weeks to customers who have registered the fault.

He said Nissan will also be offering a "gesture of goodwill" to customers affected by the fault , and at the moment this is the priority project at Customer Care....so if you have not registered your fault with Nissan do so now via their website.
Thank goodness i have one of those numbers, just wondering if the dealers have this information, as i can just imagine going in and their blank faces
zxe

Post by zxe »

paul1109 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:49 pm I've had the email too to say they need my address to write to me, look forward to what they are going to do.

At least is sounds like they are getting close to a proper fix, hopefully.....
I had the same thing, so hope somethings on the way