Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
Groovejet
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Groovejet »

calnorth wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:54 am Adds up.... Groovejet. I was on F4 Simulators for 8 years. Big noise from QRA and expected of course (like 3 am stuff). Colleagues of mine are working with MoD on the FGR4 (software systems safety). Think they are camped out at the Petwood...tough times?

FM and DAB perform completely differently. FM will hiss a lot and not stop/restart. DAB is designed to cut off/drop out but not boot/restart the whole system. Digital TV (DTV) behaves similarly and you might see pixilation (coloured small blocks) and black out when the incoming TV signal is weakening below a prescribed level.

Anyway hope things go well with Nissan.
Just to update:

I’ve spoken to Nissan Customer services this morning. They were really helpful and said it is a known issue with coming back from abroad through Dover (although couldn’t elaborate on why). Told me to book in with my nearest dealer for the fix and have appointed a case manager who will call within 3 days to check everything is moving forward. I will ask them if they know any more detail on the Dover issue!

EDIT to add: and just spoken to my local dealer (Marshall’s in Lincoln) who were also helpful. Say they know of the issue, no need to make an appointment just to pop in with it and they’ll update it - just need to allow an hour.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Great news. Marshall's of Lincoln to be added to the good dealer list. See if they have a SatNav map update for you while there. Its a change of SD card if out of date.

Let us know on result/performance when completed and run around a bit...if you can.

Cheers
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
barkermn01
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by barkermn01 »

Sorry to dredge up an old post.

Has there been any updates on this as my control unit seems to be having these problems a lot more now, it used to only happen as I travel south, but now it happening at home in the North,

Based in Leeds/Harrogate Area. spoke to Nissan today and they said they are not aware of any issues, but then that could just be the CS guy not knowing about it. but it's so bad now i can't go 20 mins without it freezing and then about 1 in 3 of those Freezes results in a reboot. my car just seemingly rebooting the control unit while I'm using the sat nav is not acceptable.

I was wondering if any of you have received any update from Nissan UK about this?
Infrastructure Manager - Hardware Hobbist.
Nissan QQ (N-Tec + DIG - T 1.2 Petrol 2015)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

They are very aware of it. Either find another dealer or contact Nissan UK directly.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Christopher3008

Post by Christopher3008 »

Sorry to pop up an old post this was happening to me took it in got the DS605 update but on the way home from my MOT it did it twice... I’ve reset the settings to factory and will test it later today hopefully was just a one off I’ve had nothing but issues with the car since I bought it (17 plate qashqai n connecta)
Philguk

Post by Philguk »

Sent a note regarding this to Nissan UK this morning, and already had a response

In part it reads
We recommend that you contact your local Nissan dealership to book the vehicle in for a free software update, the details of which the dealership should have under a technical bulletin called - TB EL 19/02.

Please ask the dealer directly for a software update related to the DAB system, mention that you are not asking for a diagnostic of the radio unit.

If the dealership is asking you to pay for diagnostics before completing the free software update, or they are attempting to charge you for the software update please contact us back with the name and address of the dealership and person you have talked to.
There’s some really interesting phraseology there!

I’ll try and post some follow up after I speak to my dealer

Thanks to this post I did suggest which software version I may need an upgrade to, so much appreciated
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Yes...some dealers try it on. Good to see Nissan Central are aware of it.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Philguk

Post by Philguk »

Yes...some dealers try it on. Good to see Nissan Central are aware of it.
And not only aware of it, but are prepared to stand behind the customer!
Philguk

Post by Philguk »

By the way. How do I know what software level I currently have? I couldn’t find it anywhere.....

Thanks
blackbox2342
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by blackbox2342 »

Just to piggy back this is update I got from Nissan. A lot of hassle getting an appointment with my dealership without diagnostics charge!

"Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding your NissanNote.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing technical difficulties with your infotainment system.

We recommend that you contact your local Nissan dealership to book the vehicle in for a free software update, the details of which the dealership should have under a technical bulletin called - TB EL 19/02.

Please ask the dealer directly for a software update related to the DAB system, mention that you are not asking for a diagnostic of the radio unit.

If the dealership is asking you to pay for diagnostics before completing the free software update, or they are attempting to charge you for the software update please contact us back with the name and address of the dealership and person you have talked to.

If a software update has previously already been installed on the vehicle relating to the DAB unit you might have to pay for a diagnostic fee, but this will depend on the dealership.

If the problem persists after the update, please note that a diagnostic might need to take place and you might be charged with the cost of it.

For contact details for your local Nissan Dealership, please visit the following link:
https://www.nissan.co.uk/dealer-locator.html"