Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
Mondiuk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mondiuk »

Today I driven long distance after owning QQ N-tec + 2016 for two weeks. Its all good and efficient. Although couple things I wasn't pleased with, the screen on satnav decided to reboot it selt 6 times during the journey and had the phone connected via Bluetooth playing music on Spotify, this kept cutting off too.

Any one had issues with this, could this be and electric fault on the connect or is software /hardware issue.

Still have 2.5 months warranty left from the garage I bought this from.

Though I have people's opinions before I take it back to them.

Many thanks

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Ad hoc reboots don't bode well. And its difficult to replicate those events. A PC would record such events in a log...the QQ Connect/Nav/Audio system may not? And would need bespoke test equipment to examine anyway. Suspect they'd bin a device like that rather than try to fix.

Plenty of reasons running from hardware through software (system/apps). Probably better to get round the dealer/sellers neck PDQ.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I can recommend the "Search" feature on here, it's really efficient.

However, a quick check would be to ask your dealer whether the car has ever has a Connect software update.
I had this trouble with a Juke and more recently with my QQ.
A free software update cured all the problems.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Angi500

Post by Angi500 »

I suggest you get it back to your garage straight away. My QQ is 3 years 5 months old and therefore out of warranty. My whole system crashes, whether it be the sat nav radio phone or CD. Its been in for a software download at a cost to me of £57, made no difference. Took it back again and been told I need a new unit at a cost of £3000!!!!
So I'm waiting to see if Nissan come back to me with another offer as far as I'm concerned reading through these posts, it seems to be a big problem. Though no one has come up with a solution :shock:
drewk1

Post by drewk1 »

Mine does the same. 2016 Tekna.
Booked in for the 12th March at dealers

I'll update how I get on.
2024 Qashqai MH Tekna
drewk1

Post by drewk1 »

Car was taken in on Tuesday for investigation.
Desira Norwich checked the wiring and installed the latest firmware.

10 minutes after leaving the dealer system starts to cut out and then restarts.
This happens three times in the next 40 minutes.

I rang Desira and they have now put in a warranty claim for a new unit to be fitted.

Hopefully this will be the end of this annoying issue.
2024 Qashqai MH Tekna
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

If you search you see that this has been happening A LOT over the past few weeks to lots of us. There's no way so many hardware units could suddenly fail all at the same time, so I think something has changed with the signals it gets from traffic updates/GPS/RDS, etc, causing it to crash.

I have turned off traffic announcements/updates in the settings and, touch wood, it hasn't cut out or rebooted since.

If my theory is connect, replacing the unit won't fix it - they need to do a new software release to cope with whatever has changed.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

drewk1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:30 am
Desira Norwich checked the wiring and installed the latest firmware.
Out of interest, what version did they install?

Go into your hidden menu and have a look (press and hold SETUP and rotate the right knob 90 degrees anti-clockwise, clockwise, anti-clockwise).
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
zezinho

Post by zezinho »

I've also had the constant audio silence at random and unit rebooting!
Can be quite bad where unit cuts out regardless of working with CD/bluetooth/DAB/etc, every few minutes. This started only a few months ago, back in November 2018.

Am just out of warranty but appealed to the dealer who said no software available. Needed to speak with Nissan direct and register my issue.

Got a case manager from Nissan involved who organized it with the dealer to do a diagnostics on the qashqai. Went to garage, they instead updated the software to D554. Problem still remained, informed Nissan who said as 'a good will gesture' they would pay half to replace unit. They told me to
call dealer for price.

Rang dealer a couple of days later, they confirmed that I would need to pay £1700 to replace the unit! That's half the price to me with Nissan paying the other half! I asked a few more questions and how long this offer would last. ..haven't heard back from Nissan or dealer. Take it or leave it situation now.

Nissan central deny such a common problem exists. Best thing to do is complain to them and register the problem with them. The more we complain the better. I found a Nissan internal bulletin for the Irish Nissan dealers (elsewhere on this forum) that acknowledges this problem exists and explains that a software update is needed to be done to customer's cars. UK a different story and it appears that software update isn't working.

Not good enough Nissan.

Qashqai ntec 1.2 (64 plate)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Isn't this a Robert Bosch unit? Seem to remember that from a look round the web recently. Anyway, its a computer in a metal box plus auxiliary services for entertainment/phone and GPS etc. At the replacement price quoted I'd say its a very expensive computer and possibly bespoke...in total. Possibly not keeping to current computing standards (common consumer level) ?

The danger is that the replacement may come with the same holes in at as that being replaced. Clearly software updates are not the full solution where common PCs/tablets and phones are almost always corrected/updated successfully, or until the hardware is no longer supported by upgrade software (drivers etc). Understandable for computers below £1K.

I suppose Nissan is trying to help...good will? And if it is Bosch, what the hell are they playing at? I suspect Bosch supplies similar to Merc/VW/Audi etc...is it going to ratsh*t with those?

I'd be looking closely at the Android based offerings from China which appear to be a straight bolt/plug in replacement. Its on Youtube via Aliexpress and others. Prices appear to be about £400 max. A bit of a risk of course.

See this Installation by Forum member: (£184+ from China)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8074
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta