Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
andysheppard123
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by andysheppard123 »

Buying an X-trail in 2015 turned out to be a terrible decision - worst car I ever owned. A few months out of warranty and the turbo goes pop. Cue expensive repair.

Anyway - like so many others I have the reboot/cutout problem and have logged it with Nissan. I don't know if this is just building an urban myth but we just returned from Orkney where the system held up without failing. Now we're back in the Midlands it's back to unusable again...

zxe
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by zxe »

OK OK OK , Nissan called me and told there was a fix and its permanent, its both a software and hardware issue, they said contact the dealer and get it booked in, women was little shy of telling me the full details, but said we have a fix
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

zxe wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:20 pm OK OK OK , Nissan called me and told there was a fix and its permanent, its both a software and hardware issue, they said contact the dealer and get it booked in, women was little shy of telling me the full details, but said we have a fix
Hardware as well as software -that's worrying, because most of these units will now be out of warranty so will they fix it for free?
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Stueyg87
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Stueyg87 »

zxe wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:20 pm OK OK OK , Nissan called me and told there was a fix and its permanent, its both a software and hardware issue, they said contact the dealer and get it booked in, women was little shy of telling me the full details, but said we have a fix
I’ve just had the call too.

I’ve just got to book it in at the dealer and it will be fixed for free. She mentioned this wasn’t even a goodwill gesture, it was something that shouldn’t have happened to start with :lol: I asked what the issue was and she said it was to do with wiring, so to me it’s been a hardware issue.

I asked if the dealer was aware of the issue/fix rather than rocking up and looking like an idiot and she said they are. There will be a letter sent out with all the details on too but it could take a few weeks.
zxe

Post by zxe »

Stueyg87 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 pm
I’ve just had the call too.

I’ve just got to book it in at the dealer and it will be fixed for free. She mentioned this wasn’t even a goodwill gesture, it was something that shouldn’t have happened to start with :lol: I asked what the issue was and she said it was to do with wiring, so to me it’s been a hardware issue.

I asked if the dealer was aware of the issue/fix rather than rocking up and looking like an idiot and she said they are. There will be a letter sent out with all the details on too but it could take a few weeks.
Hahahaa i asked the same questions, and i thought it might be a hardware issue, i also asked them about the dealers, as you ring them and they sound clue lesss
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

So, is this a fix that will be rolled out to everyone, even if you haven't registered the fault with your main dealer?
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
granauk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by granauk »

Hi all
Is this just a UK issue any problems in the EU or the Us ?
any body care to add their details below

Qashqai Tekna 2014 diesel location UK west midlands, connect 3 problems started December 2018
zxe

Post by zxe »

Weasel wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:57 pm So, is this a fix that will be rolled out to everyone, even if you haven't registered the fault with your main dealer?
I think you had to have a number from the query that you created
Robotart

Post by Robotart »

I've just received a call from the dealer in Cambridge telling me a new update is available, no mention of a hardware issue :|

My car is now out of warranty but I won't need to pay for the update as I reported the issue a long time before my warranty expired.
mikesmorris

Post by mikesmorris »

As of yesterday my dealer admits they know about the "fix" but say they are testing it on their stock vehicles before taking any bookings from customers - they haven't commented as to whether it will be charged for ............