Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
mk_jones

Post by mk_jones »

robo78 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:16 am I've read this thread with some interest. I've had my qq for a few months. The Connect head unit has never worked properly - experiencing all of the cutting out issues described in this thread. I've complained to Nissan and had the exact same anodyne response pasted above.

I found it so annoying, I just had to do something about it. The issue is clearly effecting a large number of vehicles but I reasoned that it can't be all the qq out there or it would be getting much more coverage. I bought a used Connect head unit from a breaker and swapped it into my car - I can confirm for certain that the replacement (older) unit does not cut out and works perfectly (subject to the security issue I'll mention later).

The unit I removed is a Bosch LCN2K70800 G1 made in 2017

The unit I have replaced it with is a Bosch LCN2K70800 A5 made in 2015

I have updated the software on both units to the most recent available and they appear to by physically the same. I hope that by posting this information, someone who knows more about the detailed differences in these units may be able to identify the root of the problem - but my experience seems to suggest it is a hardware issue rather than software.

Unfortunately I don't particularly suggest swapping for a used unit as I have done as a route to solving the problem... the used unit isn't cheap and once installed it then has to go to a dealer to be paired with the vehicle in order to work properly (this can be bypassed on a temporary basis which allowed me to fully test the replacement unit - which has worked without cutting out for more than a week). Nissan quoted me £150 to pair the vehicle with the replacement unit. Having already paid for the unit I decided it was too expensive. I've decided to sell both my connect head units and install an aftermarket android unit instead as this will actually end up cheaper...

Hope this is helpful to someone...
That's interesting, but in my discussions with the dealer they have suggested that something 'triggers' the problem. By that they mean that travelling to a certain area has affected the unit in some way. They base this on the fact that the problem (they said) was limited to certain areas.

If that's true then the older unit you've swapped in may just not have been triggered yet? None of this sounds very plausible to me! But I'm no DAB expert - I'm just relaying what the dealer has told me.

It's a real concern that Nissan don't seem to have a clue what is going on with a major component in their car.

Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

I drove from Hull to Plymouth & back last weekend, 700 mile round trip. Never lost dab signal at any point.
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

A crashing Nissan QashQai Connect unit (ICE) example....posted to Youtube May 2018. Nissan please take note!

Audio inputs causing system hang/crash/reboot and GPS showing off road excursion as the ICE unit tries to drag itself onto the road track? Memory settings data clearly lost as the unit fails to resume to place after crash and restart. Its a total memory wipeout. So this awful problem is not solely a DAB event.

I drove 25 miles yesterday (Worcestershire) with DAB radio dropping out continually. Not rebooting. That was BBC Hereford and Worcester. The trees are heavily leaf laden and the roads duck and dive a lot, so "the off the digital cliff" events are no surprise to me. For some though they cannot use their CD/BT Audio as alternative to crappy DAB system.

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
mikesmorris

Post by mikesmorris »

I have joined the apparently large club of QQ owners with the Connect system audio cutout and satnav rebooting issue - of course it only manifested 3 months out of warranty. Supplying dealer said they are well aware of problem but currently Nissan doesn't have a clue and is working on it .... which doesn't sound good at all. Dealer agrees they knew about it when my car was serviced within warranty but they only tell customers about it if the customer has realised he has the fault! Under pressure dealer has agreed to update software from D302 to D554 without charge but they are not optimistic that it will make any difference. If it doesn't they wash their hands and tell me to register the problem with Nissan who don't know what to do.... Does anyone have any more positive experience? Mike
Marley

Post by Marley »

Hi all, I have like everyone with a qq the same problem. I have been told by my Nissan dealer that they have been instructed not to do any further updates as they are not working. A new update is to follow that works, I have joined there waiting list, this was last week not been given date. How long is a piece of string :roll:
zxe

Post by zxe »

I have posted already on this site, and looking at my problem, it consistently inconsistent when it comes to failing. The only thing i did notice, is that on really warm days the system goes in to melt down and reboots. Which to me is a hardware problem with a component withing the device. PC servers have the same thing, to protected them selves from over heating they will throttle and then turn off. People have tried Firmware upgrades without success, which again points to a hardware issue. I was thinking of taking this up with Watchdog as it appears it is a silent issue Nissan have created themselves and have no answer for as there are units that don't have this issue.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

zxe wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:43 am I have posted already on this site, and looking at my problem, it consistently inconsistent when it comes to failing. The only thing i did notice, is that on really warm days the system goes in to melt down and reboots. Which to me is a hardware problem with a component withing the device. PC servers have the same thing, to protected them selves from over heating they will throttle and then turn off. People have tried Firmware upgrades without success, which again points to a hardware issue. I was thinking of taking this up with Watchdog as it appears it is a silent issue Nissan have created themselves and have no answer for as there are units that don't have this issue.
I thought Watchdog might be interested?

If you have the Facelift J11b as I have is the software and hardware as follows. Mine is not failing with this config

Software version F16A
Hardware version 037

DSC_0032.JPG

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I recently had my first reboot since I upgraded the firmware 3 months ago. Before that it was happening daily. So although the latest firmware doesn't appear to fix it, I think the earlier firmwares are much more prone to it, so its still a good idea to upgrade the firmware to the latest initially.

Nissan don't write the software, think that's Bosch? I get the feeling Bosch are longer under contract to support the software as it's probably deprecated by the newer hardware now, so there's probably a lot of political wrangling going on behind the scenes to sort it.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
zxe

Post by zxe »

chrisw99 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:19 am I recently had my first reboot since I upgraded the firmware 3 months ago. Before that it was happening daily. So although the latest firmware doesn't appear to fix it, I think the earlier firmwares are much more prone to it, so its still a good idea to upgrade the firmware to the latest initially.

Nissan don't write the software, think that's Bosch? I get the feeling Bosch are longer under contract to support the software as it's probably deprecated by the newer hardware now, so there's probably a lot of political wrangling going on behind the scenes to sort it.
OK, so what about other Nissan then, i see new ones with Apple/Android play, which mine does not have, so is that new system done by Bosch. Interesting to find out
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Bosch IS still referenced in the latest Nissan Connect manual which is the one that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)