Nissan connect rebooting and music cutting out when playing via Bluetooth

ICE, Equipment, Options
zxe
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by zxe »

So i had mine upgraded and found no problems until i drove to london, and the radio on the motorway kept cutting out, now i had driven on that motorway before and not seen this. The difference was i was using the 12v plug underneath the system for my phone. If i disconnected the plug from the 12v plug the radio would come back up, if i added on, it would suddenly go on and off. Not sure why this should be?

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Is that DAB, FM or both?

I'm thinking along the lines of signal to noise ratio (SNR) which for a radio to work well requires that the desired signal (radio station) is much larger than the environmental noise surrounding the radio unit.....ICE box in the car.

If you have a power point away from under the ICE box try the phone there.

Let us know what happens

Colin
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
duncho

Post by duncho »

Get the latest NC update - D605. It is free for everyone having NC reboot issues.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Cdny
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Cdny »

Should all dealers know about this? What's best way of them trying not to rip me off? Also how long will it take planning on driving for 6 hours Friday so ideally want the update done this week.
robertsoptom

Post by robertsoptom »

Update: The D605 update failed to fix our problem and as stated previously Nissan initially declined to replace unit free of charge. Started complaint process in early July with Nissan. Only just got a resolution last week. They have agreed to replace the entire unit as a good will gesture. I need to pay the installation costs. Would prefer not to but think it's not a bad result on balance. Also finally someone at Nissan told me what the actual problem was. So for those that don't know it was the connect system not being able to process a change in frequency for the DAB signal. The software couldn't handle it so kept rebooting and as in our case sometimes crashing permanently. The latest software update fixed most but not all.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The frequency change problem tends to indicate a faulty DAB receiver...itself. Frequency change is an analogue function and very old hat. Its a change in the Local Oscillator (LO) sub frequency which is within the DAB receiver. Acts when you press the channel button...DAB

I think what might be meant is that the DAB demodulation fails as I always think it does with the long delay in changing a DAB channel anyway. A requirement of DAB systems is that they must have a "quality" signal to process otherwise they simply hang. An analogue FM receiver would just chuck hissy noise at us and not mess around seeking quality. You can easily move on also!

Using a DAB receiver on its own is not a big problem. Integrating it into an ICE system without controlling it (software) adequately is a massive problem where it hangs every other ICE function. Indicates that a weakness existed from design and production.

I'd go for an Android DIY replacement but i know not everybody can do that.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
dhuidrom

Post by dhuidrom »

I have the same issue for a year or so with DAB dropping off and reloading. Lately the whole NC system (bluetooth, sat nav etc) started to crash and reboot every 2 mins or so.
I contacted my local Nissan dealer (Wilsons Epsom) for the software upgrade. They quoted £108 plus £120 per hour for diagnostics.

Any idea how do I get my 2015 Nissan Qashqai NC software upgraded for free as some of the forum user manage to get it for free.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

dhuidrom wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:31 am I have the same issue for a year or so with DAB dropping off and reloading. Lately the whole NC system (bluetooth, sat nav etc) started to crash and reboot every 2 mins or so.
I contacted my local Nissan dealer (Wilsons Epsom) for the software upgrade. They quoted £108 plus £120 per hour for diagnostics.

Any idea how do I get my 2015 Nissan Qashqai NC software upgraded for free as some of the forum user manage to get it for free.
Amongst the many posts on this site are discussions that link to the software update you likely need. So you'll need to search and read because it includes a download and instructions to install.

A link here:
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

calnorth wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:58 am
dhuidrom wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:31 am I have the same issue for a year or so with DAB dropping off and reloading. Lately the whole NC system (bluetooth, sat nav etc) started to crash and reboot every 2 mins or so.

Amongst the many posts on this site are discussions that link to the software update you likely need. So you'll need to search and read because it includes a download and instructions to install.

If your dealer is unhelpful (money scare) you might ask Nissan direct.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

calnorth wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:00 pm
calnorth wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:58 am

Amongst the many posts on this site are discussions that link to the software update you likely need. So you'll need to search and read because it includes a download or minor purchase and instructions to install.

If your dealer is unhelpful (money scare) you might ask Nissan direct.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta